Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:39:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Which Birds Are On Your Birdie Wish/Dream List?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Birds Are On Your Birdie Wish/Dream List?  (Read 200 times)
VTBirdLover

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:53:46 pm »

I was thinking about all the different species of parrots I have fallen in love with and began to make a mental list in my head of my favorites that I don't currently have in my flock but would love to if I could have any bird or as many birds as I wanted!

What birds are on your birdie wish/dream list?

Here are mine:

Amazon (they are growing on me and I am more intrigued the more I see them here on the forum! Question is, which sub species are the "friendliest"?)
Alexandrine/Indian Ringneck
Caique
Sun or Jenday Conure
Hyacinth Macaw
(I know, that one is on everyone's list! LOL!)
Blue Throated Macaw

Update: Forgot Plum Headed Parakeet

Ok, now it's your turn, let's see those lists as long or as short as they may be!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 04:27:37 pm »

Sounds like the 'Bird Bug " is biting you. Im not going to be of any help  :hehe: I would like a Western slenderbill Too  ,Golden conure , Festive and Vinaceous Amazon,More Macaws [all of them  :grin:] Basically any bird I don't have  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 05:18:10 pm »

The birds on my wish list would be...

Hyacinth Macaw
Blue Throated Macaw
Indian Ringneck

Yep, you have to have a Zon one day Blanca  :hehe2: I have heard the Yellow Nape or Mealey are supposed to be the best temperaments in Zons! I know many people who are terrified of Amazons and these are people that have several Macaws too  :eek2: Yes, they can be temperamental, but you get to know their mood swings as they are so easy to spot. You just learn to steer clear when they are like this  :hehe2: They can be very loving one minute and monsters the next. I do know for a fact, if Codie really wanted too, he could do a lot of harm! When those eyes are pinned, tail fanned and strutting around like a chicken you know to steer very clear unless you want a large chunk of flesh to go missing  shk
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
coltfire
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 1

Level 4 50 Posts One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 07:28:33 pm »

The only other bird I would wish for is a macaw and don't care what sub.
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »

Amazons are all tempestuous lovers. They like to fight like cats and make up like dogs. That said, generally the hottest tempered (the Hot Three) are the Yellow Nape, the Double Yellow Head, and the Blue Front. Their mood changes faster than any of the other species. Vinaceous Amazons are beautiful and pretty even tempered. The Festive was not popular during the days of importation, but the subspecies Bodin's Amazon (amazon festiva bodini) is occasionally available. My recommendation would be the Mealy. They are the biggest amazon available, they are very gentle, and can be very loving. Their only drawback is that they have a voice big enough to shut down a screaming Moluccan Cockatoo.
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »

I had 2 Amazons years ago when I had parrots the first time. For me personally I would never own one again. They are just not my style of parrot just like I have no desire to own any more Cockatoos. They are just not my style of parrot either. In other words, I am not a Cockatoo or Amazon parrot person. That's about the main reason for my personal reasons for not wanting any or any more in my flock.

Yes, I do have a Cockatoo in my flock and he is definitely all the 'Too' I care to have! He is adorable, sweet & rotten all rolled up in one pink & grey body!!  hugu  dmblaf

I used to have quite a few parrots on my wishlist. Now that my flock is complete as it will ever get, I have since taken all of them off the list. I have a full house as far as birds go and I am satisfied with what I have. Recently I was offered a Sun Conure with cage free of charge. I graciously declined as I just do not have the time to care for a single bird more on work days and get any sleep at all!  :faint:
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: