Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 01:54:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

It's Scheduled!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Scheduled!!  (Read 309 times)
VTBirdLover

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 12, 2015, 09:23:21 am »

As some of you know, I discovered a Blue Crown Conure on craigslist this month and my husband has agreed to go see him!  bugeye

Well, I have had the worst time getting emails back from the current owner. I emailed her 2 days ago and she finally got back to me last night about a meeting time. So it's official! We go see him on Tuesday at 7pm!  yy

I asked her a lot of questions in my email. I actually have a list of questions I have asked all  the current owners of my rehomes to answer. I find it helpful and it let's me get to know the bird better if I decide to bring them home. So here is what I've found out about this little guy.

His name with the previous owners was Sid but she has been calling him Blue. I was thinking about Sidney for a name before I knew his name was Sid, so this may be meant to be!  wink1 She has had him only a month. She "rescues" birds who are no longer wanted or in bad situations. Works with them and finds them better homes. She believes his previous owners have not done much with him. Another case of social neglect. My macs have been there, done that! He is timid but is not a "biter". She has no idea when the last time was he went to the vet. He is not "sexed" a male. He's a bit skiddish but coming around for her. He loves hanging out on her shoulder out in the garden. So he loves being outside.

So what is your guys opinion about this little guy?

I know he is not a Caique Terri, and I know you really wanted to see my adopt a Caique, but he does sound like a nice little guy, doesn't he?  wink1

Here is his picture again, just because I think he is so cute!  :heart:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:25:08 am by VTBirdLover » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:10:26 pm »

Im glad that she finally got back to you !! Its hard waiting while your imagining how hes going to fit in to you new life  :grin: I don't know this species but have always been interest in them . Im imagining their not like the smaller conures. Its hard going from a very interactive species like a Macaw to a shyer one. You will have to really work with your new guy .Your husband is going to have to become a "Bird Person"  smile3 You will really  see him open up then . I predict he will immediately "Bond " with someone . Then you will have that 60 40 relationship. Our zon Boomer has come far we work with her everynight. So exciting new birdy !!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 08:13:21 am »

He's a cutie!  Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 07:59:26 pm »

That's awesome!!  loveuk Blue Crowned Conures are supposed to be great birds. I have only read about them, but never owned one of course. They are very pretty & supposed to be clam somewhat quiet conures.  :bounce:

Hope all works out for you when you go meet Sid & good for your hubby for agreeing on this new fabie for you.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: