Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:24:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

We Are Giving Up The Linnies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Are Giving Up The Linnies  (Read 228 times)
VTBirdLover

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:26:42 am »

We have made the tough decision to give up the linnies. They have become very hand shy and none of us really enjoy trying to handle them. Being that we are a very interactive bird family I thought it would be best to find a good home for the linnies where someone can enjoy them more. They pretty much exist in our house. They get all their needs met and seem happy, but we don't pay much attention to them. I already have a great candidate in mind. She is a customer of mine and really wants birds of her own. I think she would get so much more out of owning them then we do now. Although they don't need human interaction, I feel that they can be enjoyed a lot more by someone else. I just don't like the fact they pretty much are there but don't get much attention. :(

Since it is clear I ended up taking care of them, I will hopefully be replacing them with a bird I can better relate to and interact with. I like to interact with my birds. I am not much for owning birds to just watch. I want to handle them and interact with them. I feel bad this hasn't worked out but the kids are ok with it and we are hopeful we can find a bird that is more interactive and that they can enjoy, too. I am possibly thinking about finding a conure that needs a home. A Caique would be awesome, but I don't see them up for adoption very often up here. But I will keep my eyes peeled!

They will be missed because I do enjoy when they sing and watch me during there feeding and water change. These decisions are never easy.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:28:13 am by VTBirdLover » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:23:36 am »

I can understand your reason for rehoming them and how you like to interact with your birds! Harry and Sally (my budgies) were the same. They didn't like handling in any way, shape or form and were quite happy just to be with each other in their cage. When I moved in here, a friend of mine looked after them for me due to all the building work going on. She still has them and has asked me if she could possibly keep them. I have agreed to let her keep them.
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:19:25 pm »

I may consider taking on another larger bird in the future, although I am a bit worried about Codie. Opie totally freaked him out  cry
I think if I decided on another it would be an IRN.
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 04:25:15 pm »

I went to get the rest of my flock groomed . They had 7 IRN babies there . I was thinking about one and was handling them all . You could tell they were not interacting with them much [only to feed I think]. Its sad that he does this there [because this whats make them real nippy]. IMO this species really has to be handled on a regular basis to keep them hand tame . Almost a harder bird IMO . If I were to get one ,I would want a lot of effort being socialized while weaning.Blanca keep thinking about that Caique  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: