Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:17:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Went to get groomed

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went to get groomed  (Read 169 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:13:30 pm »

What a trip !!! Its about 40 minutes away. I could take 10 with me this trip  wink1  We were in heavy traffic ,this upset my Ekkie . Hes a anxious bird and he started having a fit . We heard from the other birds in the car "stop it" stop!!!! ,Don't do that , Be quiet  [and God dammit from Tequila ]. So the comic relief made it bearable  peace I take them to this bird guys store . I trust him he knows how to handle the birds and all goes well. We get everyone in the store and then all the customers are around us. They like the different species and they are talking . Dave loves the attention [ me not so much]. At the store they had some different kinds there so that made my day smile3  A Cape parrot [their good size ] Blue ringnecks ,rose frnt conures ,and gold cap conures.  . My birds get their beaks and nails done. The only one who got his wings done this time is Pearl my goffin . Hes been being a punk ! This helps with a immediate attitude adjustment  smile3. We load everyone to come home ,last one to get is Tequila my zon . Poor guy thought we were leaving him. He had been quiet the whole time. He yelled "What" and sings his opera song "Im a good Boy" at the top of his lungs . They brought him right out to us  :grin: . They were all great going back [ they knew they were going home ]. Next ten in 2 weeks  shk
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:50:05 am »

:faint:
We do our own birds wings and no-one gets their beaks done. Right now all are fully flighted as we have a 60 foot long room they can fly in, it uses up some extra energy!
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:11:45 pm »

Sounds like you have had a very eventful day Terri  :hehe: LOL, with Tequila. He made sure you weren't going to forget him  lol
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 07:07:41 pm »

Sondra , that's great you have a flight runway for them  smile3 I wish I could do my own grooming they hold grudges  dknow .
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 04:48:19 pm »

Sounds like a bit of a hectic day Terri, now you wouldn't leave tequila, he knew that   hugu

Bet you're looking forward to the next ten birdies day out :)
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 05:20:22 am »

rofl2 I can just imagine how it sounded in your car!  laffhrd I would not have wanted to be there to hear it all.  dmblaf

I do my own too. I do clip wings due to not wanting one of the flight capable ones to all of a sudden fly out the door when Jerry forgets to close it as he has been known to do more than once!  oh :eek2: I don't trim beaks either, they do a good job on their own with the beaks and I have not had need to improve on their expertise.

Terri, they don't hold grudges for long.  :lol1: At least mine don't, they are greedy & want their fair share of attention or out as usual.  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 06:05:17 am »

De' I worry about  about them flying out the door too  :eek2: 
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 07:44:30 am »

Just a word of warning about birds with clipped wings................they can still fly!! They can fly faster and farther than you ever thought, especially when afraid.  Our Poncho's wings were clipped when he got spooked and flew out the door. He was recall trained and all that training went out the door with him.   cwy
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: