Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:44:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Maddness

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maddness  (Read 108 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: April 06, 2009, 04:39:26 am »

BrokenWing Chronicles
Maddness

Picking up the pieces after the deed has been done simply does not work.
By doing so only leaves room for more pieces to fall.

The very first post on Craigslist

Dogs back on Death Row at the AHS in Minnesota
Fourteen dogs seized by the Animal Humane Society in Minnesota will be euthanized by AHS and St. Paul City Animal Control even though the animals are in good condition.  Over 10 rescues have stepped up to take in these dogs.  Originally taken by the Animal Humane Society in Minnesota, which last year made $13 miillion and took in 30,000 animals and killed OVER 14,000 of them, they wanted to shut down another rescue in the state as one investigation officer has been quoted saying to another rescue that there should be no rescues except them in the state.  Trying to prove animal cruelty against a rescue that has successfully re homed over 500 dogs in the last 4 years, PuppyPorch pulls dogs from death row at high kill shelters and has also helped all over the country end the overpopulation problem and high kill rates especially in the south.  
AHS claims to have the interests of the animals in mind as all went into the shelter in good health, one is currently dying now as they have requested to put her to sleep and will only let the founder of the rescue see her if she will agree to put her to sleep.  They have been in the shelter for over 12 days currently, and the city of St. Paul MN licensed this dog to the address they took her from,  as well as taking one that was already adopted out and was headed home the day they seized the dogs.  The Assistant Attorney head of the case requested a $4200.00 bond and claims the money is non-refundable and goes to the "care, keeping and disposal of the animals."  Both groups show no interest in the animals welfare just trying to buy time until a decision is made by the judge.  If the judge does not grant the rescues the right to take the dogs in 3 days AHS gets to add to their high death tolls again.  Please sign the petition to help save these dogs and get them to rescues so that the AHS can't continue their killing spree.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/dogs-back-on-death-row-at-the-ahs-in-minnesota

Here are 4 posts that followed.

Cute pups (Mpls)
I am trying to find loveing homes for some cute male pit puppies. They are all males. They were born 2-17-2009. If you are intresting in them please call me. Amber 612-588-1464 or Nicole 612-423-4445 There is a small rehoming fee of $150

2 kittens 7 weeks old

I have 2 male tabby kittens that are 7 weeks old and are ready to go..
they are eating soft food and are litter trained.
there is a rehoming fee of $50.00 each
if you are interested please call me at 651-222-6523 or 651-291-2873 thanks
laura.teuam@yahoo.com
& TO THE IDIOTS THAT KEEP FLAGGING ME U REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE
AND GROW UP INSTEAD OF BEING ON HERE PLAYING GAMES!!

5 KITTENS FREE TO GOOD HOME (Apple Valley)

We got five 8 week old kittens that we want to give away for free to a good home!
2 males, one is black/white & other is gray/white. 3 females, two are grey & one is white/orange.
Please we need to find them a good, loving home! Thank you. EMAIL ME.

We are AKC lab pups in need of a home (Hudson WI)

We are 2 brother's and a sister looking for a forever GOOD home. My one sister is a yellow girl, and I am a male yellow, and my BIG brother is black. We have all of our shot's, and our dew claws taken off. We are good around kid's especially my BIG brother. We have wonderful parent's, and have been well taken care of. We love our home now, but we can't stay here forever. We do have a re-homing fee to make sure that we go to good homes that can AFFORD to care for our needs. Meaning our shot's, and food, ETC.. We really love to play outside, and are almost potty trained. We are ready to leave our home anytime ( 10 weeks old ) you want. We do have pictures to share if you would like...
Our current owenrs say if you are interested in us, please feel free to call, it's easier than e-mail, as we keep them pretty busy.....

I hope you take us home real soon!

715-808-0387 (Tammy)
715-222-0306 (Tammy)

The carelessness thrives and the backyard breeder continues to supply the carelessness.

BrokenWing

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:41:49 am by BrokenWing » Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 04:55:38 am »

Yeah, it's like they did not even read the first post!  Oiy! 
Report Spam   Logged
sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:53:41 am »

I think backyard breeders should have to live in a shelter as penance for causing shelter numbers to go up! Let them see what it's like to live in a cage and never see the sun!
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: