Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:06:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sad News!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad News!  (Read 541 times)
Kendrafitz
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary Linux User Level 4
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 12:53:03 pm »

I'm so sorry.  Once I read how sad Code was I was wondering if it would work out.  I feel badly that you all have been going through such a rough time.
Report Spam   Logged

Rosie & Kendra
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:19 pm »

I'm so sorry.  Once I read how sad Code was I was wondering if it would work out.  I feel badly that you all have been going through such a rough time.

Thank you Kendra. I am very upset and disappointed over it, but, it seems it was not meant to be  :cry1:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 10:18:30 am »

I am so so sorry it didn't work out with Opie. I know you were so so excited and waited patiently for his arrival. My heart breaks for you that it didn't work out. I know you did your best and you are doing the right thing. I had a similar situation with Quincy when I first brought him home. I had major issues with the breeder and she was no help at all. I found a bird club ( which does not exist now) that helped me out. Quincy was not as bad as Opie. I couldn't imagine going through that with a macaw! I hope things can get back to normal for you and Codie quickly. Hugs to you my friend.

Thank you Blanca  hugu It has been very upsetting and I am so disappointed on how things worked out  :cry1:

Opie is now in his new home and he has settled in very well. He is keeping me updated on him all the time!
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 11:13:05 am »

Sounds like you did an awesome job finding Opie a new home. Of course I am not surprised!  wink1 Do you have any plans of trying a macaw again down the road? Maybe a different breed or better breeder?

At the moment I have no plans on getting another Macaw! This experience with Opie has made me very wary of them now! I know it shouldn't, but it has  cry
Report Spam   Logged

jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 03:42:09 pm »

What an awful experience for all of. I'm sure even Opie was frustrated, poor boy. I always think macaws and toos are not for the faint hearted, and me personally wouldn't have either simply because I have no experience with such big birds :(

Having updates on Opie will reassure you Wendy, could you go and see him sometime too? Codie will be much happier, and I hope he soon becomes his usual self. Hugs to all of you   hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 04:23:24 pm »

What an awful experience for all of. I'm sure even Opie was frustrated, poor boy. I always think macaws and toos are not for the faint hearted, and me personally wouldn't have either simply because I have no experience with such big birds :(

Having updates on Opie will reassure you Wendy, could you go and see him sometime too? Codie will be much happier, and I hope he soon becomes his usual self. Hugs to all of you   hugu

Thanks Jules.

Yes, I have been told I can visit Opie anytime  smile3 He is in Wales, but, I often go there so, yes, I will pop in and see him while I am there.

I think I will just stick with Codie now. The whole experience has made me very wary of the bigger birds  cry
Report Spam   Logged

jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 04:41:16 pm »

I totally understand Wendy, I've seen a friend of mines blue and gold macaw twice and I'm still wary of that beak  roll

Do you still have your budgies? X
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »

I totally understand Wendy, I've seen a friend of mines blue and gold macaw twice and I'm still wary of that beak  roll

Do you still have your budgies? X

My budgies are at my friends house while all the building work is going on here! They are fine :) They only have eyes for each other and don't like human interaction  :hehe2:
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: