Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:28:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Everyone... Meet Opie :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone... Meet Opie :)  (Read 768 times)
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »

Thank you, Jules  hugu Yes, Opie has settled very well and Codie is not too bad at all. I am making sure I give him attention before Opie, so he doesn't get to jealous  :grin: I am hoping in time I will be able to have them out together  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »

Opie seems to be quite happy and Codie is not fazed by him being here, although he does get a bit jealous when I talk to Opie! At the moment, I have them out in different rooms. It is not easy splitting myself between the 2 rooms  :lol1:

Here is Opie today giving hiself scritches. He des this quite alot  thumb

Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 06:25:16 pm »

So cute!!! keep the pictures coming . Is he bonding with you ?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 11:47:47 pm »

Oh Wendy, Opie is just ADORABLE! :heart: Congratulations! I am so happy he is home with you!
Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 03:53:31 am »

Thanks Maddy  :heart:

Terri, Yes he is bonding with me  thumb At the moment, he likes everyone. If he is anything like Codie, this will change in time to come  sadboy3
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 03:14:26 am »

I'm a little late on this. Been busy with a few projects and no time for the forum.  cwy

Opie is so adorable & beautiful!! Yes, I did know already what and who Opie was/is!!  :grin: Insider info is AWESOME!!! I would have wrenched it out of Wendy if she hadn't coughed it up on her own.  laffhrd

I got to see Red Fronts when I went to visit Kachina Raye before he was ready to come home. Wendy his breeder raises them. If ya'll remember I added a photo of some of the weaning ones she had in my thread on visiting Kachina Raye in the macaw forum here. I fell in love with the one she called Stripes, but like Terri says they are expensive!! Wendy gets $1,900.00 for hers.  :eek: That was the first time I had ever seen any in person. They are gorgeous & Wendy had a grown pair out in her aviary I saw too. They are her pet RFs. Here is a couple of photos of them to show how red Opie's front of his head will get when he's around a year old.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:16:18 am by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 09:12:07 am »

Oh wow! They are stunning, De! Thank you for showing me how stunning Opie is going to look when he gets his red crown  :grin: I am told he will get this around a year old, or on his first moult!

Yep, De threatened me with a big hammer if I didn't kiss and tell  :hehe: It was nice to share in my excitement with someone while I waited  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 12:23:49 pm »

Opie has now settled in very well. He was a bit bitey at first, not in an attack way, but harder than I like  :lol1: He is also quite demanding and likes to see me all the time. He loves to be out and would like to be out all day if it were possible!! He is getting more used to my routine now. I have been spraying him each day as he looked a bit scraggy when I first bought him home. He is now looking alot better :)

Here are some pics of him yesterday preening.

Playing with a toy for the first time  thumb

Today we have made big progress! I have put Opie on Codies stand and Codie is absolutely fine  thumb I have been worried about doing this incase Codie attacked. He has been playing on the top of his cage and observing Opie every now and then  thumb This has made me really happy  "chick"

Opie on Codie's stand

Codie has decided to sit in his cage and observe instead  :hehe2:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:08:15 pm by Sapphire » Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »

Hes so cute!!!!Tequila really likes the Macaws  :grin: He just wants to be near them and sit on their cage.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 03:56:14 pm »

I am so relieved Codie is okay with Opie  handshappy At least I can now have them both out in the same room  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »

We never know when we bring in a new bird to the existing  flock. That's  super Codie is taking the responsibility  of being a good role model as big brother  to Opie. He's taken the cutie "under his wing" so to speak.  hugu

I have been lucky with all of mine that no bird has been upset or offended at getting another sibling to share me with as long as I am only holding one at a time. :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 08:46:42 am »

How is this baby !!!! I want to hear about him.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 11:07:13 am »

Sorry for the lack of updating on Opie. I have had a nightmare couple of weeks  cry

Since I have had Opie, Codie has screamed non stop, so much so, I have had complaints from my neighbours. Once Codie starts this obviously sets Opie off! I have had to move their cage to a different part of the house. I discovered that while Codie could see Opie, his screaming was not as bad, so the double stack cage that I spent a fortune on, I have had to sell it and buy 2 separate cages  :eek: Opie's new cage arrived on Saturday and I was informed that the the other cage has been discontinued  shk This left me with no choice but to put Codie in his big travel cage, which I have to say he seems to love LOL. His new cage will be here on Thur or Frid. They will both be in the same room, but at opposite ends. Codie is extremely jealous of Opie and he doesn't like me interacting with him in any way at all  :shrug: His personality has changed completely!

Opie always wants my undivided attention and gets very annoyed when I can't give him this all the time. He is very bitey and everyone in my house has a chunk of flesh missing  :cry1: The other day I was on the computer and Opie was on the stand. He flew over to me, landed on my arm and then proceded to sink his beak in for absolutely no reason whatsoever  cry My arm was pouring with blood! He knows he does wrong. I firmly tell him No" and put him back on his stand or cage, then go back to him again after about half an hour. I am having to get him out and put him back on a stick. If I don't I lose another piece of flesh!

I will post some more pics of him when things settle down a bit! At the moment I feel as if I have 2 spoilt toddlers in the house. If I talk to Codie, Opie throws his toys out of his pram and if I talk to Opie, Codie does the same. Codie has got to the point where he won't come out of his cage, which really upsets me. He just looks so sad all the time. Here is a pic of him sitting there looking sad :(

Report Spam   Logged

grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 11:47:06 am »

Don't give in to the "Mommie loves me best" game they are playing. You have 2 children here and both want to be the favorite. BTW, most red fronted macaws keep growing in more red as they age. I have met a pair of 25 year olds who are just absolutely stunning. Their owner said this was common with the species
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 01:18:59 pm »

LOL, I am trying so hard George to keep them both happy. I have made a little progress today though. They have both been playing on the top of their cages for about 3 hours now and I have had no problems so far  thumb I think by buying them separate cages it is going to work far better. Codie seems to have calmed down a bit now he can actually see Opie. I just need to stop Opie biting. He wants to be on me all the time and is very sweet, then just out of the blue and with no warning, he bites and he bites to hurt  cry

I have taken lots of pics today and will upload them here very shortly  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: