Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:51:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Meet Porscha

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet Porscha  (Read 265 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« on: December 07, 2014, 12:50:09 pm »

I saw her on Craiglist and thought this bird would do well with me. sometimes I just get this strong feelings about things [and this was one of them ]. I first contacted the lady and wanted to know about her. She was 10 yrs old and started plucking. she said she was tested at 2 vets and [was healthy ] . They told her it was hormonal. The lady said she was getting rid of her due to 5 heart attacks..  She wanted 700 hundred dollars for her. She must have gotten a bad response on craigslist . cause she contacted me. I told her I wasn't interested in 700 and would do 300.. I tried to make plans to get her so I wasn't missing work . Assuming this lady didn't work from her heart problems .  Nope she worked double shifts and could only do it Saturday . So I got her last night , pleased shes a friendly bird . Loves attention ,the moment of truth when you offer our arm to her [no bites :). Found out this ladies boyfriend hates her [Im sure that didn't help with the plucking]. I think that's the real reason shes going [sad] . She had her 10 years [I feel she wasn't home much anyway].Gws are funny ,goofy birds. She said she was never Dna sexed [decided it was a girl]. I hate when they do that . We have 2 Toos and a conure they were wrong on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »

Congrats Terri! I love her name  thumb

I am pretty sure Porcha will be very happy with you and will thrive  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

She's beautiful!  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »

Awww porscha is lovely, who could give her away? Hope she settles well and gets on with your other birdies  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 03:40:47 pm »

Shes fun :grin: talks a lot . I was worried she would be sad.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Kendrafitz
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

One year Anniversary Linux User Level 4
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 04:30:33 pm »

Congrats!  Porscha is beaitiful, she has such a sweet face.
Report Spam   Logged

Rosie & Kendra
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 12:54:25 am »

Oh wonderful  Terri!!! A Christmas  birdie fabie!!! A 10 yr old can still be a fabie. hugu  :bounce: yy

That us awesome now you have 2 Green Wings. thumb Porscha is a very pretty  name.  I know a human Porscha. She's a sweet lady. :grin:

She will be wearing g a vest of beautiful red in no time with you girl!!  handshappy I love her look she's giving in her photo. I think we need *A Cutest Naked Bird * photo contest on BP.  loveuk

Good luck with your sweetie. Too bad she had a rough time with "The Other" in her life ( the yucky boyfriend)  pullhair
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 05:59:31 am »

Thanks guys  :grin: She such a gentle bird  :mgc: I know Im in the honeymoon phase  [hope it lasts]. Rehomes can bond so quickly.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 08:25:14 am »

On a side note Terri you seriously need to find you a Blue Throated Macaw!!  :okay: OMG Kachina Raye is like having a cross between a Cockatoo & a Macaw!!~~Serioulsy I'm not kidding!!  :hehe2:

He is so sweet, wants to be right on me and roll over on his back and be loved & cuddled.  loveuk None of my other macaws have ever been that cuddly and clingy. I mean he is so super gentle & just wants to be hugged & loved with a little chewing on my clothes and a whole lot of me loving him.  :grin:

It is unreal how different Kachina Raye is from my busy monkey-like other big kids.  sad8 Even Dakota is not as huggy and cuddly as Kachina. Like I said he is like having a cross between a Cockatoo & a Macaw! Go out & rustle you up one of these critters Terri!!!  :lol1: towel  :ys:
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:25:45 am »

De' I know !!! Everytime I hear about Bluethroats their described like that  loveuk. Im going to shoot Dave !! Whenever we get a new bird [hes super into them]. He likes to show off that they like Him.trust me they do to if he gets to him first. He must have the right color aura or maybe its his voice. But he doesn't want to keep up with the one on one time you have to do everyday. Everybody [I can let out] for their out of cage time except Sassy the Too.He has 5 he has to do everyday. So I have chased him away from Porscha. She is a real plucker unlike Caboose the Caique and Dingo the Ekkie . Im going to try Avicalm on her and maybe those Harrison pellets.I thought the lady had her on a good diet but now I wonder. We keep going through foods and the ones she recognizes she eats . The others the vegs ,she looks at me like I have 3 heads.Shes tiny [I think]. I must feed my bird so they look like linebackers  :grin: Her vet papers thought it was hormonal [I know these vets]. They were going to put a collar on her. Im always amazed at these stories of birds off Craigslist . I could right a book . I couldn't believe this women had 5 heart attacks and 7 stints [was working double shifts}. But to each his own. I thought I would hear from her [but haven't ]. Porscha doesn't seem sad. Now I will wonder if its really a female for awhile.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:25 am »

Well whatever porscha is, male or female she sounds very happy to be with you all. Maybe she will one day remember her old lady, and her past life, and maybe it was a good one. She is with you now and that is a good thing :)
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: