Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:07:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Please keep Darren and Marlene in your thoughts. WARNING Disturbing Post!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please keep Darren and Marlene in your thoughts. WARNING Disturbing Post!  (Read 356 times)
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:18:53 pm »

Darren has asked me to post this here as a cautionary tale. Today they lost Chico (aka the Demon Bird). Chico had a knack for escape and today was no different. While Darren was working in the back of the house, Chico managed to pop the lock on his cage. He got out and found his way to the living room where their 2 miniature pinschers were. The dogs were on him in an instant, and in Darren's words "ripped him apart".  Chico did not live long after Darren released him from the dogs' mouths.
Darren is beating himself up with guilt, although I have told him there was nothing he could do. Please inspect your cages, do any maintenance required, and revisit security measures for any escape artists. You never know how a dog, cat, or any other animal will react at any given time. While they may have interacted peacefully in the past, it is no guarantee that the next encounter will be peaceful.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:50:22 am »

My prayers are with Marlene and D at this time of loss.

George, thank you for a timely reminder. With the upcoming Holidays and more people around our homes, accidents can happen.
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 04:26:25 am »

This is awful! My thoughts are with Darren and Marlene  hugu

Thank you for letting us know George!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 06:03:38 am »

Oh no   2sadk I will be checking mine
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:18:44 am »

Oh my word I am so sorry Darren and Marlene, what a terrible accident.  cry this was no ones fault and just unfortunate that chico found where the dog where x

I've heard of this a lot recently. The last time was a friend of Debbies, her two staffies actually (somehow) knocked the greys cage over, got him out and did similar to what your pinschers have done. Another incident with a Facebook friend was when she was transfering one of her toos from the aviary back into the house via a carrier? The door to the carrier wasn't closed properly, it came open, the too got out and one of her dogs leapt into the air, grabbed him and bit him twice, and he died within seconds. Such sad and terrible accidents, and its only natural to blame yourself. Alison with the too, couldn't look at her dog for weeks afterwards  :cry1:

I'm glad in a way I only have jasper, though i miss not having a dog, and my only concern is the door to outside, but I'm always on my guard and its always locked xxx
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: