Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 08:34:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~Kachina Raye Is Home!~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~Kachina Raye Is Home!~~  (Read 265 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: November 08, 2014, 10:57:58 pm »

Finally got to go get Kachina Raye this morning & bring him home.  handshappy He did great during the trip home, never made a sound the whole time. He nibbled on a grape & apple I gave him. And stayed right by the side of his carrier closest to me. Of course he did not want me to hold him or touch him yet, but I expected that. It will come when he is ready.  hugu

Once home he squawked a little bit while he was still in his carrier sitting on the table while I got a few things done to his enclosure. Once I was ready to let him out I set the carrier on the cage floor & offered my arm. He declined and came out, climbed up the side of the wire and onto the front limbs. Then he almost immediately began to check out his new toys.  :lol1:He was quite content to chew on his new toys while I went in & out of his new home getting his food bowls ready.  :hehe2:

The only time he squawked a little was after his lights went off. Ruby Jewel & Leyla Belle's lights were still on and he could see it was not totally dark. I readjusted their light timer so it would go off at the same time & he promptly went to sleep. We shall see when tomorrow brings once he realizes he is never going to see his old home or old Mommy again.  sad8

The flock was kinda' like, "Just another one of Mom's crazy critters!!" "We don't bother to get excited anymore after all she's dragged home already."   :faint:  dmblaf Here are a few of his first photos here at home right after he climbed up on his new perch seeing his new toys.  loveuk

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 08:51:17 am »

:woohoo: He is so gorgeous! I'm so glad he has made it home and seems to be settling in nicely.
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:09:58 am »

Nice pictures !!! Is he little ? He is so cute!! I would have been going bonkers waiting for him  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:39:00 pm »

:omg: he is adorable  :faint: I want him  :lol1:

I am so pleased he has settled in so soon. I know how much you have been looking forward to his homecoming  thumb

Beautifulpics of him  :heart: :heart:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »

Yes how is your little man ?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 06:44:06 pm »

Thanks Ladies for welcoming Kachina Raye home!!  hugu Sorry for the delay in answering. The last few days were my work nights. I was on here, but I was using my phone and after a very short few posts, my eyes & my fingers get so tired that I don't get to everything. And I just plain forgot I hadn't updated the thread since bringing the Blue Phantom home last Saturday.  :lol1:

Yes Terri, Kachina Raye is a little bit smaller than Roscoe & Angel. The BTMs are supposed to be a smaller macaw than the Blue & Golds, but not as small as the Mini Macaws. They are included in the large macaw category.

Kachina Raye is doing quite well and eating good. Tho he is definitely not used to what I offer my birds such as birdie breads and fresh veggies. I know Wendy the breeder said she fed lots of sprouted seed foods, so I'm thinking since she has so many birds (and I mean mega doses from fabies to adult pet birds to breeders) she feeds what is easiest & quickest to start the babies off. All of her birds from the Fabies to the pet birds out in the aviaries to the breeders were in excellent health as far as I could tell by looking. And her whole house which is her facility and all cages were super clean. Heaven help me I only have 8 active birds & 8 tiny ones who never get out of their cage and I can't keep any of it that clean!!

Kachina Raye is still holding out on letting me have anything to do with him. He still misses his breeder Mommy and is going to take awhile to come around. I don't push myself on my birds, not even the established ones. Any that don't want to come out of their cages on a given dy gets the respect of being left alone til they want to interact. I did get him on his portable play perch twice this past work week for a few mins. He wouldn't let me pick him up, but he did get on the perch from his enclosure door. The rest of the times I offered for him to come out, he would just chew on the perch and chose to stay in.
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 06:51:51 pm »

Im sure he ant help bet come around  :grin: Its too much work to be stubborn for long.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: