Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:19:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~The New Kid's Coming Home ~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~The New Kid's Coming Home ~~  (Read 222 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:31 am »

These are not new photos. Just a couple of the ones I took while visiting Kachina Raye earlier this month. But I do have a date set up to go get him & finally bring him home!!  handshappy hugu We will be heading back to Weatherfod to pick him up on Saturday, November 8th at 11:00am!!  :ys: :bounce:

Wendy his breeder sent me an email Sunday night letting me know that Kachina Raye was ready to come home whenever I was able to come get him.  clap I was elated and I do still have a few days left of my 20 day vacation. But I had to write her back & ask her if I could come in Nov? I told her I so wanted to already come, but there is no way that I will be able to do that at this time.  cry She is in the process of moving to Arizona with all her birds and I was not sure if she would still be here in Texas in 3 weeks.  sadboy3 Wendy said that would be fine to come on the 8th of next month.

OK, so this is the reason I can't come any sooner. This past Friday night around 7pm Jerry let me know he was in terrible pain in his bladder area. It was making him very sick and he was throwing up. I told him we should go to the ER, but he wanted to wait. By 11pm he decided we better go see what it was, he thought he may have a bladder infection. We get to the ER a little after 12am and we wait & wait to be seen. Finally around 3:15am they put him in an examining room & we wait some more. Oh yeah, not trying to rag on all medical workers, but it seems that when a man tells them he is in constant pain in his lower abdomen all they hear is, "Oh you have pain when you pee!"  slaph  That is all any of them including the ER doctor kept asking him no matter how many times we both told them he was hurting very bad and needed to lay down.  loco6

So anyway, they find he has an infection and the ER doctor assumes it is in his prostate, not bladder. He gave him a prescription for antibiotics for 3 weeks and a prescription of Flomax for his prostate. Plus he is to see his primary doctor which he will be seeing at 9:30am today. So due to Jerry not being in shape to make a fairly long drive and not knowing what is actually going on right now, I felt it best to wait til he has completed his meds and has more tests run which is what I think will happen today.  sad8

Nov 8th won't be too far off & I'd rather know all is well & not be worrying about Jerry while I was a good ways from home picking up a new bird.  sadbigeye

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:17:18 am »

WOW I hope their real thorough with Jerry so you guys don't have to play around with this. [take care]. Im hearing Bluethroats are real lovies [I bet its hard to wait].
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:47:28 am »

Thanks Terri & Blanca. I can't hardly wait to go get Kachina Raye, but it will be better this way.  hugu I'm sure Kachina will enjoy the extra time spent with his (at the moment) favorite person.  :grin:

All Jerry's blood tests came out really good. His blood sugar, Cholestrol, liver etc. were all in acceptable ranges. So his doctor told him to just continue the antibiotics and Flomax the ER doctor prescribed and let him know if it comes back.  :ys:

It still hurts him when I hit bumps in the road. And that's about all we have down here~~Bumpy Roads!  sad8 dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: