Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:03:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Our New 'Best Photo Award' Icon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our New 'Best Photo Award' Icon!  (Read 388 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: September 20, 2014, 08:58:56 pm »

Wanted to let everyone know that with the help of Blanca designing it, we have come up with an icon we will be using as our Official Competition 'Best Photo Award'! This icon will be placed in the signature area of the winner of each month.  :grin:

The icon will stay there to show all who view it as 'A Job Well Done' by the member for having the best and most voted on photo entered for that month's subject. Any member who wins multiple months will get another icon added for each win. So the more you enter, the better chance of having the most 'Winner's Icons' added to your signature area.  thumb

In the months that we have a volunteer donation of a prize, we will still give that prize along with the icon to the winning photo. In the months we do not have a prize donation, the icon will be the prize.  handshappy

Here is the icon we will be using. We are sorry, but we are not able to add the icon under the avatar like many of the other forums do. For whatever reason, this forum's format does not allow anything in that area but text.
  hmm

~~Our Newly Unveiled Photo Competition Winner's Award~~
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:25:57 am »

I think our members will be very happy with this award  smile3 Thank you Blanca for designing this for us  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Rita
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 6

Me with my CAG Alex & my U2 Maxi

Level 4 100 Posts Signature
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:09:09 am »

"hello2" Blanca,

That icon is a great idea. You did well designing it! THANKS!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita
Report Spam   Logged

Aug. 2014
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 03:28:50 pm »

Nice idea  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
JudiNH
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 11

Level 4 Poll Voter 50 Posts
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 02:05:29 pm »

Thats a cool idea...nice job!!
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 02:34:25 pm »

yy Glad everyone likes their new awards!!  thumb They do look quite nice on ya'lls signature areas. You can move it to a different spot within your signature if you like. I just tried to get them all as close to the same spot as the next winner's, but it is not set in stone that you have to have it where I added it.  :grin:

When I first started the photo competitions on here back in June I wanted to do an awards of some kind instead of the prize thing. I so understand how hard it is in these times to donate prizes & pay for shipping. Wendy checked with the forum site support about adding a small award under our avatars and also getting a "Like" button added to the bottom of our posts. The site supporter told her that for now neither one was available to this forum.  hmm  cry

Since this month the winner would not be getting anything due to no prize donated I asked Wendy if 'we' could fashion a small award to go under the avatars. Wendy told me she had already tried doing that to see if it was possible. She said all that area will allow is text. I told her since we are able to edit member's signatures how about adding a small award there and she told me she had been thinking on the same thing already.  And the rest is BP history!!  handshappy

And I do thank you so very much Blanca for designing and creating our awesome Best Photo Award!!  hugu loveuk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:36:53 pm by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: