Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:35:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

My story of Charlotte

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My story of Charlotte  (Read 2088 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:50 pm »

Rita was asking about Charlotte [so I thought Id share her story]. Dave went to this ladies house and was picking up a cage for me . He called me and said she had two did I want the other one . I said yes sure [in my head I thought silly guy ]. I knew I was going to run out and get another bird for that extra cage.We were getting the original one for my Ls2. I went to the bird store around me and took out every bird that I had an interest in.Its funny I always thought Id be getting a Eclectus and would end up with something else. I picked up Charlotte and could not believe how sweet she was !!! It was a no brainer this bird was going to be mine  :grin: My most expensive bird . Didn't realize how rare the were. I had to wait for her to wean [I went regularly to visit ]. When I brought her home [she was just as sweet]. She has a little girl voice ,her crest only goes up when shes scared or playing. Shes very gentle and is a whole family bird [loves my girls]. She has never hurt us. She is one of the birds that flys around the house well [meaning not into things] Her favorite food is grapes [she loves fruit] and is not a picky eater.Shes a shy bird [wants to be friends with the other birds]. Shes the last one out at night and cuddles under my chin . Shes a very easy bird [nothing like what you read about them]. Worst thing she does is she likes metal [and is quick]. So no watches or zippers or buttons. Shes a wonderful pet  :heart:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:49 pm »

Well of course you were going to fill that "new" cage.  laffhrd I would have been disappointed in you if you hadn't had I known you then.

I think Hawks Heads are beautiful birds. There are so few it seems in pet homes. I have read they can be mean and difficult to handle. It's so nice to hear from owners who have a totally opposite description on their birds.  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 02:53:27 am »

Thank you for sharing your story on Charlotte  smile3 I have often wondered what Hawkheads were like as pets. They are very beautiful birds and I know there are quite a few people here in the UK with them.
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:36:07 pm »

I love her story! Heck, I love her!
Report Spam   Logged