Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:37:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~I've Got The Baby Bump Again~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~I've Got The Baby Bump Again~~  (Read 334 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: July 31, 2014, 11:36:52 pm »

Well!!! I never expected to get this way again. And so soon after Dakota. (Note to self~must have a talk with hubby!  :lol1: ) And definitely wasn't expecting (funny choice of wording) to get such a large bump.  :faint:

Yes soon I will be welcoming a new baby macaw to my home again.  oh    shk

Now most of you know me and know my macaws. Only one of my big kids in macaw form is what you would call normal and boy sometimes he even borders on the fence rail in the normal department.  dmblaf Roscoe of course is my normal boy, Angel and Ruby Jewel are my not so normal big kids. Well this baby is going to fall into the same category as my Sweet Angel and Miss RubyJewel. I will be getting a Special Needs Blue Throated Macaw named Sugar Ray. hugu

Sugar Ray was hurt by his parents when he was 2 days old. They chewed his toes off his feet and chewed both wings to a certain extent. He has one toe I am told  by his breeder and he can climb and perch to a certain degree on a perch. So just like my other two special needs macaws, it looks like sweet Sugar Ray is not really Special Needs at all either.  :heart: Just looks a bit different and goes about life different than most.

He is still a baby at 3 1/2 months old and won't wean til he is around 6 months old. So this gives me time to put another large walk in cage together and find room for it. I do believe I see a couch being displaced in the front area.  2funny2 The only ones using it are the dogs anyway! 

I have a few photos on my phone from Wendy who let me know about this child in need of a home. (Thanks Wendy for uprooting my poor lazy dogs from their comfy spot under the window.  laugh ) But I've yet to figure out how to post them directly from my phone and not go through photobucket.  sadboy3 Wendy (aptly named!) the breeder will be out of town for a few days and when she gets back she will send me some photos of my new impending Fabie.  loveuk
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:39:39 pm by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 12:09:32 am »

A Blue Throated Macaw!!! How exciting!!! Congrats De'! I can't wait to see pics!
Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 03:24:34 am »

Thanks Maddy, it will be unusual/unique to have one of these in my flock.  :grin: They are on the Cites list as endangered in their native land of Bolivia. And they have been put on the list here in the US under the law that prevents them from being sold across state lines. They can only be sold or transferred to someone in the state they were hatched in. The theory behind this is to preserve the wild populations which are very few kite estimated to be a few hundred. But breeding programs here don't help the birds in South America since their country of origin does not allow captive bred birds to be brought in and released. Therefore the breeders in the states have very limited potential buyers and breeding of them is beginning to present more Hassel than some feel it's worth.

I did read that a person who has acquired one legally is not restricted from traveling within the US with their birds. The breeder Wendy said she often travels with several to Wyoming and Colorado and free Flys them. I would love to see a group of macaws or any parrots in a flock flying free over the firs & Spruce in the fresh clean mountain air of the Rockies! hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 03:52:57 am »

Oh Wow! I am sooo happy that you are having Sugar Ray  :tree: You must be so excited about this De! I am sorry you have had to shift your dogs out of their comfy spot on the sofa, but I am sure they will forgive you  smile3 ugar Ray will have a wonderful home with you and I am so pleased this has worked out for you! I can't wait for you to bring him home  "chick"

When I heard about this baby, I just knew he was destined for a home with you  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:10:05 am »

Thanks Wendy,  you knew I'd be hard pressed to turn down a darling like that.  :grin: Oh and when I tell the dogs they have to find something else to lounge on and they chew my leg off~~well you just remember the kerplunk kerplunk sound I'm making as I peg leg myself around the forum.  gimp  dmblaf

I am pretty excited a Geez it will be a spell before Sugar gets home.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:01:29 am »

How exciting !!! Your so lucky  smile3  Wendy found him on the computer ? [Is he in Texas?]
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 08:42:20 am »

De, with a peg leg.  u2funny That peg leg wouldn't last long in a house full of macaws and one too!  u2funny
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 04:22:47 pm »

Audrey told me about this beautiful Blue Throated Macaw in Texas and sent me pics of him. I just knew this adorable baby was destined for a home with De! I am so happy that he is going to De'Andrea's wonderful home to join the rest of her flock  "chick"
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Kendrafitz
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

One year Anniversary Linux User Level 4
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 06:30:04 am »

Congrats De!!  I am so excited for you!  Next to GWs, BTMs are my absolute favorites!!  So sweet and smart!!!  Sugar is going to fit right in with your flock!!
Report Spam   Logged

Rosie & Kendra
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:18 pm »

How exciting !!! Your so lucky  smile3  Wendy found him on the computer ? [Is he in Texas?]

Thanks Terri, Wendy has already answered you before I could get back over here on my desktop to do so.  :hehe:

It seems that this baby (Sugar Ray) went through a few states (from Audrey) to across the waters to another country (to Wendy) just to get back to his home state (Texas) to get to me!  shk Seems he was destined to join my flock no matter what it took.  hugu  :grin:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:33:22 pm by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 11:37:55 pm »

De, with a peg leg.  u2funny That peg leg wouldn't last long in a house full of macaws and one too!  u2funny

laugh You are so right Debra!!  :lol1: I better keep the dogs happy & find another spot for their couch.  sad8 slaph I don't think I have the energy to replace my peg leg daily after those macaws & Too get through with it.  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 11:42:34 pm »

Audrey told me about this beautiful Blue Throated Macaw in Texas and sent me pics of him. I just knew this adorable baby was destined for a home with De! I am so happy that he is going to De'Andrea's wonderful home to join the rest of her flock  "chick"

I want to thank you so very much too Audrey for telling Wendy about this cutie and his finding me through the both of you.  hugu hugu  thumb

Sugar Ray  will fit right in with my not so ordinary flock and a throwed off parront like me.  stupid1  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 11:45:46 pm »

Wow De! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see pics!

Thanks Blanca. I have the photos Audrey sent Wendy & she sent on to me. I am going to make another thread in this category to put them in.  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 11:53:52 pm »

Congrats De!!  I am so excited for you!  Next to GWs, BTMs are my absolute favorites!!  So sweet and smart!!!  Sugar is going to fit right in with your flock!!

Thanks Kendra. I never really thought about owning a Blue Throated macaw before.   confused I have read up about them since they are macaws and I love the species.  :heart: I did know they can only be sold or bought in the state they are hatched in since the passing of the Endangered Species tag the Federal Government put on them.  cry  And I did know there are breeders in my state, but I just never looked into getting one.  think

I am very excited to be getting one and a super special one at that!!
  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: