Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:26:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

My Introduction

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 475 times)
aviculture1
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 1

Badges: (View All)
Combination Level 2 Karma Good
« on: July 17, 2014, 08:00:20 pm »

Hello everyone,
My name is William and I live in Acworth, GA with a large furred, feathered, and finned family.  I have an African Grey, Angel, a Blue and Gold Macaw, Baby Jones, a Red Sided Eclectus, Punkin, two Sun Conures, Mango and Connie, a Lineolated Parakeet, Bonnie, and Blue Parrotlet, Belle, and several retired breeders, all Pacific Parrotlets.  In addition to the birds I have four dogs, two Chihuahuas, Chi Chi and Timmi, a Malinois, Alek, and a Golden Retriever/Chow mix, Joli, one cat, Kitness, a fish tank with African Cichlids and fish pond with koi, goldfish, and a resident snapping turtle. 

I bred Pacific Parrotlets and Lineolated Parakeets for several years and stopped...well, there was a myriad of reasons but I will not get into it at this point.  I also was very active and a moderator on several Parrotlet lists and taught on-line classes in parrot genetics as well as general husbandry and breeding. 

I don't have much time to devote to lists and groups at this juncture in my life but I will jump in when time permits.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:07:17 am »

"hello2" William and welcome to BP!

Wow, you have a large flock  smile3 We would love to see some pics of them all  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:07:09 am »

Hi William !!! I would love to visit your state .I had a RB2 shipped their last year [and was a wonderful experience]. Nice rounded out flock you have  :bounce: . Is the smaller species your favorite ?[that's why you bred them]
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
aviculture1
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 1

Combination Level 2 Karma Good
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:41:29 am »

Thank you for the warm welcome. I chose Pacific Parrotlets due to my falling in love with one that I ran into at a flea market in the mountains of North Carolina.  I purchased him and brought him home and that was that, they had all the personality of their much larger cousins, the Amazons, and the color mutations really caught my attention and from then on I was hooked. 

I am a horrible photographer and what few photos I have are on facebook, I never transfer any from my phone to my computer but, if time permits, I will try and move some around. 

Have a wonderful day!
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:17 am »

welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you and your flock better!   :welc:  "hello2"
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »

"hello2" and  :welc: to our forum. It's good to have you here. I can't wait to hear more about your flock.
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 03:09:21 am »

Welcome to our flock here William.  hi5 Oh boy we finally have a guy around here. Us gals have been running rampant for much too long.  dmblaf

Very impressive flock you are owned by.  thumb Yes we definitely need photos of all your feathered kids.  And your not so feathered kids as well~~  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

100 Posts Level 4 50 Posts
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:13:23 am »

"hello2" and  :welc:
Report Spam   Logged

Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 11:51:01 pm »

Hi William! Welcome to BP!  "hello2"
Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015
Rita
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 6

Me with my CAG Alex & my U2 Maxi

Level 4 100 Posts Signature
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:13 am »

"hello2" "hello2" William,

:welc: :welc: to BP! I loved your introduction. You do have a wonderful flock and other pets in Acworth, Georgia, USA!
By the way, my name is Rita Wien and I live in the Netherlands. So my birth-language is Dutch, not English.
I must say, your large feathered furred and finned family and mine do have several similarities.
And that makes it even more special to me.

You have a female African Grey named Angel. I have a male ongo African Grey named Alex who is a skilled talker.
You have a Blue and Gold Macaw named Baby Jones and a Red Sided Eclectus named Punkin.
Well that's different from my flock.
But I have a female Double Yellow Headed Amazon named Beertje and an Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi.
The CAG Alex and the U2 Maxi share a cage and they really get along very well.
I'll add a photo at this message that I took of them last fryday-night the 9th. of August!
You have two Sun Conures named Connie and Mango. I have a Jenday Conure named Jopie and a Greencheek Conure named Kiwi. (So we both chose fruitnames for a Conure! smile3)
Then, just like me, you have several small birds. You have a Lineolated Parakeet named Bonnie and a Blue Parrotlet named Belle and several retired breeders, all Pacific Parrotlets.
My first birds were a pair of blue Pacific Parrotlets. They breeded 3 years in a row and every year 1 son hatched. I still have two of these sons, so Pacific Parrotlets (I still am a member of the Dutch Pacific Parrotlet Club) and I also do have several Cockatiels.
You have four dogs a.o. two Chihuahuas named Chi Chi and Timmi. I have two longhaired Chihuahua's named Vicky & Lisa. Vicky is lightbrown and she's Lisa's mother who is blue-merle which is rare for Chihuahua's.
You also have two other dogs, a Malinois named Alek and a Golden Retriever/Chow mix named Joli.
You have one cat named Kitness. I used to have 3 cats named Thijs, King and Trijntje but sadly they all passed away this last two years.
You have a fish tank with African Cichlids. As a child I Always wanted a fishtank and at highschool I took care of the fishtanks together with some others. Cichlids are beautiful. There are so many different Cichlids species.
I've had a large fishtank about 20 years ago, but couldn't keep it.
And you also have a fish pond with koi, goldfish, and a resident snapping turtle. 
I have a fishpond too. I really love Koi. I even went to visit Koi-events and shop where they sell them.
My pond just wasn't what really is needed to keep Koi, so I had goldfishes and gold "winde" (that's another breed of fish. I can't find the English treanslation for this breed. And I do have brown frogs and tods in my pond too.
William, I guess you do agree now that our pet-families do have several similarities. Isn't that fantastic!

I look forward to hear from you again. I know you do not have that much time to be active at BP.
That's the same for me.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita
Report Spam   Logged

Aug. 2014
DizzyBlue
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 3

One year Anniversary 10 Posts Level 3
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:59 pm »

"hello2" from me and my gang too