Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:11:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Caboose is on his way!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caboose is on his way!!  (Read 328 times)
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« on: July 03, 2014, 12:18:04 pm »

I drove him to Shreveport this morning and put him on the plane. I'm watching his progress and his flight was delayed in Dallas, but has finally taken off. He's on his way to Chicago, then on to Rochester and Terri's waiting arms. I miss him terribly, but know this is the right thing for him. I'm a nervous nelly today and will be until I know he is safely in New York. I'm so worried that he is frightened by all of this. He was doing his contact call looking for me when I left him this morning. It was all I could do not to cry.

Terri -- I know he is going to a great home! Once he hears your caiques he will relax and know he is home.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:00 pm »

crossing my fingers the flight goes well. 
Report Spam   Logged

Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »

He made it to Chicago, but again there is a delay!! Poor boy can't catch a break. I hope he makes it ok. I'm on pins and needles.
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »

He will be fine Deb! He will be with Terri before you know it  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:50:40 pm »

He made it! As soon as Terri got him to her car he started eating an apple. His favorite food. Sounds like he took his adventure very well. I'm so glad!

Terri -- thank you for taking him in and loving him. He's a good boy. My house seems quiet now that he's gone and he's not a noisy bird. He's just full of energy. I love that about him.
Report Spam   Logged

garden squirrel
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 11

Search Level 3 50 Posts
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 06:27:58 pm »

Pleased he made it safely
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 08:32:27 pm »

Hes a amazing little guy [what a long day for him!!!]. Debra was great keeping me updated on the flight [while I was at work]. I think shes a strong person to be able to do this [I couldn't].  It helped her socializing him this month [it makes a difference.He seems like your typical Caique. He seems strong headed like they are  :hehe2: Big thanks to Debra and her husband and all they have done. Amazing people they are [driving 12 hrs for this bird]. Big Thanks  :thku: :thku: :thku:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 11:46:34 pm »

I'm so glad that Caboose made it safely to Terri!  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 02:00:43 am »

Awww, so glad to hear Caboose got there safe & sound to you Terri!!! I was in Abilene all day yesterday shopping and I was keeping up with his flight through Debra too! I think a great many of us were, we all feel a kinship to this little fabie you have there Terri. (Insert handmade hugu since my internet is not behaving this morning and the Smiley's are not all loading up) That is what family is all about and we are all family on here, the best bird forum out there! It is definitely the one I feel closest to everyone and think of us all as family and we all care about each other and their flock members feathered and non feathered.  grouphug

Photos are in order Terri!!! And maybe you can get one of a Spread Eagle and get him entered in our competition this month!!!!  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 07:20:41 am »

laugh De he doesn't have much in the way of an eagle spread. He's barbered his feathers so much that he only has the shafts left with the exception of the tips of his flight feathers. He's left those alone. But it would make for a cute one!

I'm so glad he made it ok. It was a relief to have Terri's text that she had him and that he was eating apple. From the sounds of it, he's made himself to home already. Nothing much fazes this little boy. Let me tell you. lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 08:55:21 am »

Hes eating away this morning   dinner We are slowly doing step up with me [and he looks like he wants to dive in my hair  :hehe2:]. Was checking out one of his leather toys.   :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 12:19:45 pm »

Debra you didn't tell me he danced !!!!!! ive never seen a Caique dance  :grin: Hes been on Daves and I shoulders and we can kiss him. He dances and tries to sing  :hehe2:My girls are getting him to dance . Hes on top of my head right now  :grin:.Hes like a combination of my Greta and Sammy.  Do you know for sure its a he ?. Blanca - I don't even know his story. A friend of Debras didn't want him .I told her I wanted him if no one did .He was at Debras so long . I was  thinking she was falling in love with him [and wanted to make sure she didn't want him. He came with a collar on[ Debra took it off]he  seems fine.I was just thinking hes dancing because hes out of that carrier :hehe2: such a sweetheart.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 01:18:41 pm »

On old high school friend of mine contacted me saying she knew of someone wanting to rehome their caique and since I was the only person she knew that had birds would I help her out. I said to give the lady my number or have her contact me on FB. Well, the lady (Jessica) called me and said he was a feather picker and that he was only socialized to her. I told her I would find a home for him (not knowing he was a fabulous bird). I felt bad for him not being socialized and figured that was why he plucked (I still believe that). So I get there to pick him up and he had this clear collar on. I watched him on the way home and for a little bit after we got home. He looked miserable. Kept running his toes under the collar like it was too tight. I had already made arrangements for Terri to take him so I asked her if it would be ok to take it off. She said yes and he completely changed! He was friendly (you'd never guess he wasn't socialized) and loved to play in my hair (I warned you about this Terri -- lol). And yes, he dances. I thought all caiques danced. He loves it when you say "go caboose, go caboose". He loves to show off!

Any history prior to my getting him is unknown. He came with all sorts of medicines and feather sprays (all of which were at least 2 years old). I never gave him any of them. I did bathe him, however, and he looked like he felt so good afterwards! He also looked so much better. I don't know the last time he had had a bath but it was apparently a long time.

He's a big presence for such a little guy. My house seems so much quieter without him and he's not a noisy bird. He's an active, loving, and fun bird who just wants to hang out with his people. He will fit in well with Terri and her family. I'm so glad she took him instead of the person who said they'd take him then changed his mind at the last minute. I think Caboose will be happier where he is now.

Now Terri -- I will probably beg you for updates/pics of the little guy. He did worm his way into our hearts. We just aren't prepared to have another bird long term in our house. Thank you so much for taking him in and giving him the love and attention he deserves. I'm betting that when he moults he will let his feathers grow in fully and leave them alone. Although that grey and white belly he has now is irresistable!
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »

:bounce: I am so pleased Caboose arrived safetly! You done a great job, Deb  :heart:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: