Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:27:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~Do You Make Toys While Surfing The Net?~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~Do You Make Toys While Surfing The Net?~~  (Read 267 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:22:19 am »

Just wondering how many others try to combine their internet time with making toys for their fiddies? With my work schedule, I cram a 48 hr work week into 4 -12 hr nights, plus much of my time on those days is also spent getting ready for & commuting to & from work which works out to be a 400 mile round trip per week.  sweaten Most of my work days I am up for at least 19 hrs on those 4 days.  sleepy 

Sooo, I get very little done in way of bird or fun things which includes being on this forum or any other internet site!  cwy Once I'm home for my 4 days off I cram as much stuff I didn't get done and some of the fun things I want to do done.  :faint: That means I have to multitask while I'm on the forum, Facebook, or emailing folks.  smsh And given I have a very unstable internet connection that takes at least 3 times longer to load anything I do, I often times combine making bird toys with posting.  confused

Earlier while I was waiting for my posts to load that I was furiously trying to catch up on (and there are still many yet to get to) I made a few beaded trinkets for my flock. Thought I'd share my not so gorgeous, but much loved by all fiddies in my home toys I call "My Cyber Space Wonders"  :lol1: And I also threw in a photo of some recycled toy parts I made on an earlier date which are now 'has beens again'. And to show my kids do occasionally get a new toy or two and not just 'Run Of The Mill' hand-me-downs, I have a couple of photos of store bought toys I got them recently.  :grin:

My Cyber Space Wonders I made while posting on here early this morning.

Recycled toy parts I made recently.

Store bought toys.

More store bought toys for my flock angels. Notice the snooping furry nose at the bottom checking if
any of them are for her~~Miss Mikkwa my red apricot standard poodle that is!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:24:49 am by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:33:59 am »

I have no talent for making toys nor do I have destructive birds. Toys last forever around here. And new toys? Forget them. Those are evil monsters out to eat everyone.  roll
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »

Wow! I love the Cyber Space Wonders  :clap1: Sadly, I don't make my own bird toys! Lucky for me, Codie loves things like yoghurt pots, phone books, lids, etc, etc. I do buy him lots of toys too, but he still goes back to the old faithful yoghurt pots  :hehe2:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:34 pm »

Thanks Ladies! They are not fancy, but with toy destroying macaws, store bought ones don't last long enough to replace too often with more bought ones.  dmblaf

I must be the only person here that has to multitask while catching up on the internet stuff, but then I am usually up in the we hours of the night/early morning since that is my usual work times as well. And it doesn't seem that anyone but me has the horrible internet connections to put up with due to living so far from the provider.  cry Oh well, I do what I can and at least I do have some way to connect with my non feathered buddies here on the best forum out there in Cyber Land!!  :thumbs2: :bounce:
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

De'Andrea ,I say Im multitasking my  multitasking  :grin:   .But I think you might beat me. I make  "parts of the toys '"while Im at work. When I put them together at home [I have a bird on my knee  :grin: ]  I get pine 2 by 4s  [cut and drill them and reload  my Macaws toys]. I look through toy sites to get ideas.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »

Me too on the looking at sites for ideas on toys. And I too cut up 2X4s and 1X2 & 1X4s and drill my own holes. I have a drill press, band saw and scroll saw just for my bird toy makings. Have to with so many, don't we?!  wink1
Report Spam   Logged
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

100 Posts Level 4 50 Posts
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:24:53 am »

Oh, I definitely do!  It's the only way I can keep up with Sophie.  She's a flying chainsaw.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: