Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:37:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Never give up

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never give up  (Read 245 times)
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:18 am »

Hollywood came here and did not trust at all. (can't blame him)  Took me a while and multiple crush bites to let him know that I am trustworthy and no matter what I would not hurt him or be mad at him.  It is what it is after all.  I know in pics he looks like we have a great bond and we do...to a point.  He just has always been kinda a touch me not, well unless he wants his head scritches of course.  But no wing touching, back touching, being close at all unless we are outside.  Which then he is nervous and so he trusts me a bit more to keep him safe I guess, and lets me get close without a bite or even a nip. 

A while ago he started on occasion wanting to come out to say hello when I got home from work.  (which is anywhere b/w 1 and 4am).  So I would oblige and talk sweet nothings for a min or two, kiss his beak and send him back off to bed.  Then he started grabbing a hold of my shoulder with his beak as I talked to him.  Well I can finally say HW and I got our snuggle on!!!  Full on macaw snuggle!   :dance5: :ys:  He did it a few nights ago, and every one since.  I take him out asking him if he wants a snuggle and he steps up to my arm and lays his head right on my chest.   :heart:  Yesterday he didn't want to go back in I save it for only a couple mins cuz after all it is the middle of the night.  But I said ok back night night I love you, kissed his beak as always and he put his beak out to his cage but would not step off my arm.   dmblaf  I said want more snuggles, he let go and head to chest again immediately.  What can I say I could not resist.   ashamed  But the next time after another min or 2 I said no no step off (which he knows step up and step off he HAS to/ which is different than do ya wanna come with me or do ya wanna go home)  .

I am so excited I could burst.  I never ever thought I would see the day that he would snuggle like I have with other macs and a part that I love about them.  But I just took it as ok well no biggie, as long as you are happy it is all that matters, after all some people are touch me nots too right.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:38:47 am »

:heart:  i am sitting here  smile3  that is so wonderful!!!  :woohoo: yy  i knew that one day you would have that bond. i've told ya for years, havent i? and you got HW round the same time as i got ollie-burd. i guess we found their 'sweet spot' didnt we?  loveuk loveuk loveuk loveuk loveuk loveuk loveuk loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:51:47 am »

yy   :bounce:   :woohoo:  Never doubted it would happen!  You know that saying.............all good things come to those who wait? Well it's true!
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:18:40 pm »

Oh, what great news! I know you are thrilled with this.
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

:bounce: that is great news Ditty! You must be thrilled  :tree:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

100 Posts Level 4 50 Posts
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:03 pm »

That's so wonderful!
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 04:45:03 pm »

Someone must have been kind with him at some point . Im sure he remembers [once your in your in !!!!]    :bounce:  Nothing like the love of a Macaw     :heart:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

Awwww, HW you really know how to make your Mommy melt with heart shaped eyes of love for you!!  hugu

That is the sweetest 'Love Story' I have heard in a super long time!! I am so happy for you both as it just gets better & better now that he has brought you into his circle of flock members he loves unconditionally.  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
Kendrafitz
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

One year Anniversary Linux User Level 4
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:20:12 pm »

That is just awesome!  So happy for you both.
Report Spam   Logged

Rosie & Kendra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: