Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:22:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

IRN I found on craigslist that needs a home.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IRN I found on craigslist that needs a home.  (Read 217 times)
VTBirdLover

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I found this blue Indian Ring Neck on Craigslist this week that is about 3 hours from my house. Here are some pics. Personally I think he is in bad shape. She told me he is about 2 years old (not sure if that is the truth)  and needs to find him a home because she is moving. What do you guys think? I'm afraid he may be sick with the way he looks. If he is in bad shape, my feeling is he needs us. Any thoughts?? She says he is sweet. I'll determine that if I go see him of course. 

She was asking $450 firm. But then offered $375 for my long drive. What is the cost of a IRN normally. Any clue??
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:54:52 pm by VTBirdLover » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »

Oh, Blanca, you just have to go and get him! He looks so sad and lonely  2sadk I wouldn't say he looks in bad shape really, he just looks like he needs a loving home, which I am sure you can provide him with  :heart: I am not sure on the prices of them in the USA, but we can pick them up for around £175.00 here, depending on what colour you have. The more unusual colours are a bit more expensive!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »

For a grey in perfect feather and great health, $350 would not be too crazy. That bird is in need of some attention, The feather presentation is sub-optimal, and he is fluffed in all three pics. If you get him, quarantine him and get him to the vet asap. I would offer no more than $250 with the cage and any toys. Make sure you get a sample of his diet.
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 10:21:54 pm »

Good Luck if you get this fabie Blanca. He does look a bit sick to me as in very lethargic since IRNs are pretty hyper. His feathers are in very bad shape as well as you already know. Grey IRNs are usually one of the lowest priced of all the colors.

To get a good idea of what they cost from breeders you can go to http://www.birdbreeders.com and click on the Parakeet category at the top left where it gives you all the birds sold. There are usually quite a few for sale and breeders all over. Not trying to get you to buy one from there, just trying to give you a place to compare what this bird might be worth. I would be very concerned about the health of this poor bird, but it could just be it's environment causing it to sit slumped like.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: