Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:42:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Caboose

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caboose  (Read 334 times)
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:21:58 pm »

This coming Saturday I will be picking up a 3 year old (this past April) Black-headed Caique named Caboose. All I know about him is that he is 3, a feather "picker", and not socialized very much. I'm assuming that feather "picker" means plucking and that him being unsocialized is the cause of it. I am betting that his current owner hasn't given him enough attention and/or toys.

Anyway, the chances are high that I will be shipping Caboose off to Terri's house. I am having some nerves burned on my back on the 11th so it will be sometime after that that we will make that decision, if she's still willing to take him on.

I'll be sure to post some pictures of this little cutie when I get him. I'm looking forward to meeting him as I've never seen a caique outside of a pet store where there was glass between me and the bird.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:09 pm »

I have never seen a Caique in person either!

I can't wait to see pics of him  smile3 He will be going to a wonderful home if he goes to Terri  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:44:49 pm »

Ive been trying to figure out why this guy might be plucking   thinkin3  You rarely see plucking Caiques.I wish it were in birds as easy as its something medical. But most  the times its not. Im thinking if they smoked [and no baths ). Or not enough toys and interaction  [these are such social guys]. I wonder ..........
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:49:57 pm »

We will find out Saturday. The lady who has him now I think is a college student as she lives in some apartments by the local University of Texas campus. So there's no telling what this poor bird has had to put up with. I will let you know something as soon as I do. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking that you will be getting him. But we will see how he reacts to my place first.
Report Spam   Logged

Kendrafitz
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

One year Anniversary Linux User Level 4
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

So happy that Caboose is getting a good home.  Either home is an awesome place for him to end up!!

Caiques are my favorite smaller bird.  They way they hop and roughhouse is so entertaining to me.  :)
Report Spam   Logged

Rosie & Kendra
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:19:12 pm »

I can't wait to hear all about him!
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 11:46:57 pm »

Yes, we need photos of the cutie!!

Poor baby, Terri you will figure it out once you get him in & settled. I bet you can get him back on the right track and curtail his plucking at least to a minimum.  hugu smile3
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 05:56:12 am »

poor lil one. i have a special place in my heart for caiques.  i cant wait to hear about the lil one.  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 11:09:21 am »

The more I think on it the more I want Terri to have him. With his plucking, I'm sure that him going from his current home to my home for long enough to be settled into a routine, then possibly shipped to New York would just send him into a plucking frenzy. I'm thinking that the sooner I can get him to Terri, the sooner he can have someone to socialize him and help him curtail the plucking. I so want to keep him, but Jerry says no. I thought of doing the old, well, he's here now so lets keep him trick, but that wouldn't be fair to Caboose if he got settled and Jerry said to ship him off after an extended period of time.

Do you think I'm doing the right thing in shipping him off within a week or two of having him?   dknow
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

there  is nothing wrong or dishonorable about being a stepping stone in their lives. you are taking him from a bad situation and getting him to a better life. that's a good thing.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: