Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:28:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Decision about Alice

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decision about Alice  (Read 674 times)
alnoble89
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 8

Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter 10 Posts Level 2
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:18:32 pm »

So I got a call this morning from the lady that placed Alice with us and the couple wants her back.  She has been here close to a month and has adjusted fabulously.  There are a lot of factors to be considered the couple has changed their minds several times, I have an entire flock to consider, Alice is happy here.  I mean I am at a loss I think it is in Alice's best interest to stay and not be shuffled anymore.  Opinions?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

alnoble89
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 8

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:21:01 pm »

I should also mention that she contacted the lady that placed her to get two new birds originally and then decided they couldn't keep any and brought them without notice to her.  In the time I have had her they were told about me and my flock and agreed we would be a good fit.  She has called wanting to get just two of her original four back (not including my Alice), they have wanted to look to adopt two completely new birds, they have wanted to foster, and now they want all of the birds back. 
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:33:23 pm »

In my opinion, they gave her up. Birds do NOT do well with the upheaval of moving from home to home, owner to owner. Yes she knows them, but you've had her for a month and she's adjusted well. She may not adjust well to going back to them. In my opinion, if the word "foster" was not used when you got her, then she is yours and only YOU get to decide what is best for her. They may not like your decision, but they gave her up.

Just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »

Im sorry I don't know this story [wait is this the plucking one ?]. If it is how is she doing ? I don't want to be rude but I will say it anyways . Having had a mutilating bird [its not good to shuffle birds around ). I tell her to take a hike [or something nicer] just IMO.Shes too wishy washy.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »

I totally agree with Debra and Terri! She is happy with you and it would not be right to put her through more trauma. I would politely tell them NO!!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
alnoble89
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 8

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

Yes she is my plucker.  She is doing great we are working on keeping her from plucking and her nervous habits are doing better so I think she is doing really well here.  I really think it is best for her to stay here.  I was just wondering if I was being too rude.
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:54:47 pm »

For her protection and peace of mind -- by all means....be rude! In a polite way if you can. I didn't realize she was a plucker. If she has cut down on that then she is happy where she is. Do not give her back to someone who may change their mind again within a months time!

Sorry for being so strong, but I have a couple of pluckers and I wouldn't dare do anything that may make it worse. Alice deserves to be in a place where she feels safe and happy and apparently that is with you.
Report Spam   Logged

alnoble89
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 8

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »

That is how I feel.  She is singing and happy here and I don't want to change that.  luckily the lady that placed her with me assumed I would say no so she doesn't expect me to give her back and I also dont have to tell the couple.
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »

handshappy I'm glad we just reinforced your thinking. I'm also glad that she will be staying where she is so apparently happy.
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 02:26:08 pm »

Great news  clap I am so glad you are going to keep her  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 02:49:23 pm »

Unfortunately, at least in most states in the US, a person has 30-60 days to break a written contract. I would check with a lawyer to cover you butt as well as for your own peace of mind. Also if there was no written contract and she knows the leg-band number and she takes this to court, the bird will be returned.

I have rehomed a birds with the understanding that #1, we wouldn't get another to "replace" him & #2, if he didn't thrive or we wanted him back we were free to take him back. Above all he wouldn't be shuffled around from home to home. FYI, he was back in under 10 days & we found out that the person shouldn't have a bird like ours.
Report Spam   Logged
alnoble89
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 8

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 02:52:20 pm »

I have no contract with the original owner, in all honesty I do not even know the owner.  Alice also doesn't have a leg band.
Report Spam   Logged
2birds
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 5

Search 50 Posts Level 3
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:49 pm »

I wouldn't give her back.  As much as they have changed their minds it doesn't sound like it would be good for Alice.  I've given a bird away before.  He is the neatest little bird and I miss him.  Unfortunately he hated it here with me and fortunately he's really happy where he is at. I wouldn't think of asking for him back.  I do have a bonus though, he is with my best friend and I can see him whenever I want, but even if I couldn't I wouldn't ask for him back.
Report Spam   Logged
Birdmad
Keko (M) CAG, Jinx (M) Amazon, Georgie (F) Senegal
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 7

Level 3 10 Posts Karma
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:32 pm »

As the others have said and i feel the same if they never used the term foster when she was giving to you she is rightfully your bird and has been for a month now and she is glad to be in your care with the rest of your flock personally i would tell her no she won't like it but in all fairness she should have thought about it before giving alice up and as you will know birds don't adapt well from being moved home to home multiple times so no should be your final awnser if they don't like it well that's just TOUGH.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:34:46 pm by Birdmad » Report Spam   Logged

alnoble89
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 8

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

Thank you all for the support. I really do what to do what is best for Alice she is the one who will suffer from this.  She was surrendered to a rescue and I was contacted to take her because I know the woman that she was surrendered to and we think it is best that she not get shuffled around anymore.  I gave my answer as no and as far as I know so did the other current owners. I hope the former owners realize we are just trying to do what is best for our birds.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: