Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:23:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

parrot chores

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: parrot chores  (Read 240 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: May 25, 2014, 08:37:31 am »

so on my days off i do parrot chores. sometimes i clean cages. sometimes i clean the floor. sometimes i clean playgyms. heck! i've even gotten to where i collect caleb's noodle bits, put 'em in a rubbermaid tub, pour some BioKleen Bac-Out in and let 'em soak a bit, do the ole washing machine moves and reuse 'em.  slaph  yes, i actually clean noodle bits.  loco6 
then there's the cooking. i cook birdie bread. i cook birdie cookies. i make new recipes to try to sneak healthy stuff into the stubborn lil feather heads.
then there's the toy making.... heck there's the toy part making! ya chop the wood. drill the holes. sometimes color 'em. sort 'em. THEN you gather up your parts and assemble the toys. its enough to make a parront ready to go back to work!  sweaten   

so tell me, what is your LEAST favorite parrot chore? which one is the one your dont mind a bit? why?

me?

well i have to say its the cooking. why? cause then i have to clean up the mess  :deer:  i DESPISE cleaning my kitchen.

the one i really dont mind, surprisingly, is cage cleaning. because after i'm done i LOVE to look over and see them sitting on their nice shiny cages just being happy parrots and NOT feeling guilty when i see bits of yesterday's breakfast still clinging to the bars.  ashamed
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:53:27 am »

Well, I don't hate any of it, nor do I love any of it either.  dknow I just wished I had way more time to get it all done and have the energy to get done quicker than I do.  hmm Me old bones and work just seems to get in my way, but I get it done~~most of the time.  :grin:

I get my chores done in between doing everything else I have to get done on my days off. I don't have a set day or time to do anything. It all depends on my schedule of whatever is going on at the time.  headhammer The only real schedule I keep in my life as it is now is the schedule of getting up for work & out of the house at the same time each work day.  :faint: Everything else is flexible in my life. Notice I didn't say anything about getting to bed on work days in my schedule. That gets done like the rest of my life. sad8 I have to work that in to my very short time span between getting home, feeding the birds & dogs and anything else I need do before I get to take my nap.  sleepy

I do cook for my kids and try to make enough I can freeze & not need to make for a spell. it just depends on what I am out of and what I feel like baking as to what I make. No schedule on that either, but I try to make it a variety so the kids don't get bored with it & as much healthy stuff blended in as I can.  :lol1:
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 11:30:09 am »

washing noodle bits  dmblaf

I like to cook, slice, dice and mash for them.  I like it cuz I have a partner, sometimes 2.  Cassie will help me sometimes but always Yoshi will "help" and taste test everything.

My least fav is cage scrubbing.  Only cuz with the morning berries (my own fault for making that a stupid ass routine) they look like a murder scene the next day anyway.   :hehe:
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: