Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:37:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

They send there love to you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They send there love to you!  (Read 164 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:10:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:23:13 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 12:55:56 pm »

:'( :'(
Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 05:24:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:38 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 05:40:37 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 05:52:20 pm »

Going from one mill to another....

After the Thorp dog auction on 22 September 07, this Mennonite "puppy farmer" wedged crates and cages containing his purchases into the back of his vehicle, between the spare tire and the extra gas can.

Some of the crates contained as many as four dogs. This gentleman said that he lets his dogs breed "whenever they want to because that's nature."

These animals are being transported from one puppy mill to another. They will never have a "normal" life, never have good food, a cozy bed, fresh water, the touch of a friendly hand. They may never even hear a kind word.

The mills and auctions claim that it’s not illegal for them to operate the way they do. We say, “It should be!”

Sadly not enough people will help to put a stop to these puppy mills.
Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 05:58:00 pm »

Hoss was given away free at a garage sale.

His mom's "owners" couldn't be bothered to have her spayed, and they just didn't care who took Hoss and his brother -- as long as somebody did.

Luckily, a rescuer happened to be "garage-saling" that weekend, and both pups were rescued, neutered, given their shots, and adopted into carefully-screened homes.
Report Spam   Logged

macawlover2
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 22

Search Webmaster Windows User
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 07:55:41 pm »

That's so sad.  :'(
So does this mean we have to wait an entire year before we have a chance again at stopping these breeders?
Report Spam   Logged

Blue & Gold Macaw- Cheyenne
Plus reptiles reptiles reptiles!
sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 01:57:44 am »

Those poor pups and kitten. Do you find most puppy mills are selling to pet stores who in turn raise the price and sell the puppies as if they weren't from a mill?  I've seen a few pet stores like that and I think they should be perminantly shut down! I imagine most people who buy from places like that have know idea that they purchased a mill puppy and if they did I think they would think twice about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:36 am »

macawlover2
Yes, they lost there battle again.

sophiemae
I have found the last thing the buyer will ask is, "where did this animal come from".
As an example, The Parrot breeder will sell 30 Parakeets to the pet shop for $10.00 a piece.
The pet shop will sell the birds for $20.00 a piece.
The result, The Parakeet is the number one throw away bird.

Brenda breeds Cockatiels, she cares for 2 mated pair, she tends to them very well, not only does she clean there cages daily, she provides the best seed, she offers the best of everything, none of her birds are seen by a vet, Why?, she thinks...there all healthy...there's no need.
Brenda hand tames all the babies and offers them for $75.00 a piece.
Brenda see's the many Cockatiels that end up at shelters, she see's what is happening to them?
Brenda also see's a new law that is being considered that will effect her business, will she fight the new law", or will she support the new law?

Jake and Cathy breed many different breeds of dogs, they live in a $300.000 dollar home, it even has a water fountain within.
Out back on there 3 acre spread, one will find many dogs living in horrible conditions, they are in small cages, many wouldn't be enough room for a Parrot let alone a mated pair of dogs and there puppies, there breeders are suffering, matted, cold, filthy, simply horrible conditions, Vet?, what's a vet?
They supply Pet Shops with fresh little souls, and they also sell directly out of there home to the general public, there prices are low, they care not if the person getting out there money has ever cared for a dog before, there is no screening at all, its just a sale, its all about money...
They both know these new laws will effect there business, it will force them to care for there breeders better, it will cost them more for vet visits, and oh, those awful inspectors....they will be forced to raise there prices, they will be forced to provide better living conditions, and oh my, they will have to clean the kennels better...do you think they will support or fight the new laws?

Sally wants a Kitten, she doesn't have a lot of money so she jumps on craigslist and see's what she can find, oh look, there's some kittens, someone has had a accident, there cat came home pregnant, there offering the kittens for $10.00 a piece...Perfect Sally says to herself.
2 years later, Sally simply can not deal with the bad habits her cat has, the cat has destroyed the front of her stereo speakers, he has began to pee here and there leaving his scent, she simple must get rid of the cat...the cat is offered on craigslist for a reasonable re-homing fee, there are no buyers, she can't find anyone to take her cat...well...its off to the shelter you go....

There is but one end result to man kinds carelessness.

BrokenWing
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:38:41 am by BrokenWing » Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 06:57:29 am »

Please, Please do not think Parrots are immune to such carelessness.
Visit Second Chance Bird Rescue, Visit The Gabriel Foundation, Visit Sybil Ardens, Bird Sanctuary, The Oasis.
Fact is....there are thousands of privately owned rescuers like my self, BrokenWing Rescue and Rehab.

Its all about MONEY
I do not enjoy placing these facts in front of you.
I do not enjoy having to fight for them.
And I surely do not enjoy seeing what is happening to the many, not the few, the many....
I will support any effort to help them, even if it means I will be effected by such new law, the question is...will you?

I thank the owners of Buffalo Parrot for allowing me to post here on the forum, I understand by posting my Chronicles (the truth) maybe hard for some to except, I truly wish there was no need for such Chronicles to be posted, I do not wish for (hate, anger) from my fellow members and or the guests that visit the forum, this simply isn't my intent.
They need help, they are loosing the fight to live the life given to them.
There numbers are "The Many".

BrokenWing
Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 07:48:12 am »

Scenes From a Puppy Mill:
Pretty Penny Kennels, Plymouth, WI
Row upon row of whelping pens (left) and indoor/outdoor runs (right). The indoor-outdoor runs were used only by the Labradors and larger "hunting" breeds; the rest of the dogs at this "farm" were kept in wire cages resembling rabbit hutches.
These pens were piled with feces (the dark spot on the floor is "run-off") and little natural light was available. This photo was computer-enhanced so that you can see the details; the smell was indescribable.

Pretty Penny Kennels is described in detail at this link.
http://www.nowisconsinpuppymills.com/mill-visit.html

It wasn't their fault they weren't purebred....
       These three adorable puppies are part of a litter of seven born to a mom who is part of the "stock" of a careless backyard breeder. He wanted pure, game-bred pit bulls. Because he didn't pay proper attention to his "breeding stock," what he got was a litter of pit/lab pups. Cute, maybe, but worthless for his purposes.

His solution? Kill them all at age 4 weeks, when it became obvious that they would not pass as purebred. Death by bludgeoning or worse, as "bait" for older pitbull puppies, would have been their fate had not his wife stepped in.

This courageous woman braved her husband's wrath and spirited the pups off to the local animal shelter -- where, ironically, they would have been euthanized because of their young age in accordance with shelter policy, if an all-breed rescue had not been able to foster them. The seven pups were named for Olympic champions, and have since all found loving Forever Homes.

As far as we know, their mother is still serving the backyard breeder. We can only hope he's more careful with her in the future -- and that his wife is still around if he isn't.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Please do not buy any animal from a Pet Shop.
Please do not recommend a Pet Shop.
Please adopt from your local shelter.
Please Google "how to find my district representative" and send off an e-mail demanding changes within the Pet Trade Industry.
Please, I know times are very hard right now, if you can spare a few dollars, please visit Second Chance Bird Rescue and help the little ones under Barbra's care with a very kind (greatly needed and appreciated) donation.

Arty aka BrokenWing
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:25:11 pm by BrokenWing » Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 06:19:28 pm »

Simply a breeding machine and here I will stay!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:21:38 pm by BrokenWing » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: