Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:34:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

opinionated parrots...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: opinionated parrots...  (Read 216 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: May 19, 2014, 06:03:22 pm »

pullhair  so i colored my hair tonite. i like to lighten it to dark golden blonde.... well, kinda blonde. its a very dark golden blonde or a very very light golden brown. BUT the first 2 or 3 days its strawberry blonde.  oh  it darkens back up a bit once it 'oxidizes' idk what that means, but a colorist told me that's why it changes color over the first couple days... and i was told its normal. so for a couple days, i'm a strawberry blonde. well, skittles and caleb apparently dont like blondes.  :bruce: 

earlier i had caleb on my knee, as usual, and he lunged and hissed at me  oh i was like wth?? he calmed down. i scritched him and cuddled with him as usual. suddenly up came the crest and he bit me. not hard at all. but it was definitely a warning. so i put him back in his room, he was posturing and a real bite was inevitable if i kept holding him. so i put him in his room.

a little bit later, i'm offering skittles a treat. he reached to take it in his beak and suddenly leaned around and bit my thumb instead! like caleb, it wasnt hard enough to do damage, but it was a clear warning. then the lil cuss poofed all up like a big ole red chicken!  hmm pullhair

so far everybirdie else has no issues with my hair. hopefully i'll wake up with my normal colored hair. i really have no desire to deal with a couple of snarky parrots on my day off tomorrow. cause then wednesday i'm starting a 6 day stretch with no days off. so it'll be some tough times ... darn opinionated parrots   slaph

so do ya'll ever have this issue??? dknow
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:59:46 pm »

Oh, yes! A few years ago, I had shoulder length hair with a perm. My hair was like this for a few years. Then, without asking permission from my ladies and lords, I went and had the perm cut off. Short hair. I walk in all smiles and greet the birds like usual. Frankie -- no prob, he just looked at me funny. Lucy -- she hates me anyway so why bother. Little Amber? My sweet baby girl who loves her mommy? Turned into a blood seeking little heathen. It took her a whole week and a lot of bribery to adjust to mommy's new look.  laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:47:28 am »

Nope, I think I am raising schizo birds cause they see me sometimes with my hair down, other times with it clipped up on top my head. They have come to the conclusion Mom is a total fruit basket case and they just go with the flow.  stupid1

I haven't colored my hair in 4 yrs now, it is its natural yucky color. They are quite used to it, tho I never will be. cwy
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:11:11 am »

well, its darkened up a bit overnite but apparently not enough for skittles. hmm  he happily came to me and then suddenly attacked the 'weird stuff on mom's head'.   slaph  its more of a dark blonde today but has a kinda bronze tint... aw well, at least its not strawberry blonde anymore.  roll  maybe i'll just wear my hat for the rest of the day.  confused

that is hysterical debra, your lords and ladies  dmblaf  mine dont seem to care about length. i recently cut it and they didnt care. i was trimming it cause it was annoying me. it wasnt even. hmm   so i trimmed some more. it wasnt even.   hmm   so i trimmed some more. it wasnt even.   hmm  i quit there.  stop  by the time i quit i had gone from about 2 inches below my shoulders to a good  2 or 3 inches  above my shoulders! lol! its the shortest i've ever had it in my life, but i really like it this short.

nakia i LIKE your hair color. its not YUCKY at all  stop  mine was fine til it turned GREY... which was in my early 30's!  hmm and since then i've been experimenting with colors.  at first i stuck as close to my normal color... minus the grey. then, i went super dark for a while, like almost black it was so dark brown. and then about a year or two ago i went the other direction. always with a golden undertone, what can i say? i like the golden hues.  dknow   as a child my hair was a very dark blonde. i say i'm just going back to my original natural color  lol
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:01:52 am »

Our birds don't seem to care how I look as long as I don't wear a hat. I went from hair down the middle of my back to VERY short. When it was long it was straight, now that it's short it curls & over the years it just gets curlier & curlier (go figure). I've had RED hair, brown hair, and every shade of blond & the flock could care less. If anyone come into the house with a hat on, especially a male, Powder FREAKS out. He fluffs up, pulls his wings out, crest full up, climbing to the highest spot on his boing and will sway and scream full bore until the person asks why Powder is doing that. Usually when we tell them "it's the hat, he's afraid of hats" they remove it. He only does this with baseball style hats, any other hat doesn't bother him. Ya'll know that when Powder gets going the rest of the flock will start in, Right?

Powder LOVES blond, thin females. He turns into a goof, flipping his crest up and down, turning his head upside down, talking oh so sweetly, as well as doing everything he can to get her to give him attention. Higgy LOVES older men, by that men who have grey hair, are heavy set, and wear a fishermans  hat. When they come in he starts with "want to seen him?", while doing the wing waggle. This is one of the few times he will very readily step up on bare skin ( he is getting ready about that) to get closer so he can check the person out. Sometimes I'll hear a soft moan come from him. I know what he's looking for, his original Dad, the one who raised him and took him to the rescue we got him from. Thankfully the rescue saw Higgy self destructing and called & asked if we could please take him. Funny, even after all these years he is looking for his Dad, but that's OK, because we know if he left us he'd be looking for us too. None of the rest of the flock could care who wears what, or what someone looks like. None of the flock care about skin colour either, they are pretty much an excepting crew with just a couple of quirks. 
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 02:30:39 pm »

Codie doesn't seem to mind how I wear my hair. I think as long as I am actually here, then he is prepared to put up with it, up, down, over my face, however! lol I have to say though, Codie actually warms to any women who have blonde hair, as I do! Now, I am not sure how he would react if I were to suddenly dye my hair brown  thinkin3 Maybe, I should put a brown wig on to see how he would react  laugh
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

100 Posts Level 4 50 Posts
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »

Beth knows Pete is very particular and critical about my appearance  laugh
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire