Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:46:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Twiggy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twiggy  (Read 267 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »

Twiggy is a quaker. my sassy lil touch-me-not girlie. i got twiggy from a friend of mine back in sept of '09. she's tolerated me (at best) since day one. and she LOVES my son and has since the first time she laid eyes on him.  loveuk  Twiggy used to live in her cage in caleb's bedroom, tho there were barriers between his area and hers. alas, cockatoos are great a getting around barriers. in 2012, a week or so before christmas caleb got on her cage while i was at work. he apparently nipped her thru the bars, but his beak is much larger than hers. he crushed her beak. we worried that she would loose it, but she didnt. its growing out nicely. tho a part will forever show the signs of the damage. she's finally to the point where she can bite... you'll never know how great it is to have a parrot that can FINALLY bite you again! who'd have thought you could MISS being bitten??? she loves ropes... now i mean she REALLY LOVES ROPES  oh  like most quakers she's a great builder and has a fairly intricate nest built in her cage. its a BANNER day when she actually wants my attention.  loveuk

Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »

WOW!! She looks so good! Hate to say this, but I'm so happy she can bite you again!  bugeye 
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »

Awww, poor Twiggy. Now she's got a "battle scar" that gives her personality. She even looks kind of cute with that wrinkled beak. I, too, am glad that she can bite you again.
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:07:16 pm »

thanks, ya'll. yeah who'd have thought you could EVER miss being bitten??  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 10:15:11 am »

missing being bitten that is a new one.  She looks so good.  Now how does she not get rope burn?  LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »

Twiggy is a gorgeous widdle girl!! Like Deb said, she has character now with her unique beak. I remember when it happened and you were beating yourself up over it. And so worried she would lose her beak or never be able to eat properly again.  sad8

I betcha' the little stink called Caleb a naughty word while she was riding her rope. He just didn't like it any & told her he could shut her mouth for good. But like any strong willed female she did not shut up and has gone on to show that pink pantie wearing feather head that she will say & do as she pleases cause she can!  laugh
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: