Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 01:16:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

how about a couple new stories?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how about a couple new stories?  (Read 214 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:41:40 am »

okay so shall we celebrate the reopening of BP with a couple new stories?

some background info: i live with my adult son (if 20 yrs old counts as an adult  hmm ). caleb (M2) has alot of emotional baggage so he fears and hates ALL males.

so i was harassing son (aka THE BOY) asking him when he plans to pay his rent that was due 4 days earlier.
Me: son, am i going to have to send a Cockatoo to your room to pull out your fingernails to get your rent outta you??
son: no, i'll pay it tomorrow
Me: huh! we'll see.
<son walks outside... door closes>
Caleb: <happy voice>okay love ya! <lower, deep voice> gotta throw him out!
 lol

background: each morning skittles sits on his kitchen play gym as i prepare the birdie breakfast bowls. to tide him over while he waits he gets half a grape and then a bit of apple. in my attempt to teach him words for objects, i say what i'm handing him as i hand it to him.

me: <offering grape> here skittles. grape.
skittles: <snatches grape, slings it across the room> NO!!!! AP-PLE!
me:  duh  okay then <hands him a bit of apple instead>

background: ollie (amazon) loves to set up ambushes for son (aka THE BOY). he is JUST PLAYING. son cant touch ollie, tho. ollie cant fly.

set the scene: me and son sitting on sofa watching a movie. skittles sitting on my knee. ollie on the floor 'foraging'.

ollie scavenging under skittles play gym. well there's poop paper on the floor under it. of course we dont want ollie getting into that. i have my hands full of macaw, so it falls to son to avert the possible contamination.
son: ollie leave that paper alone!
ollie: <moan, moves closer to paper>
son: no ollie! do NOT mess with that!
ollie: <moan louder, reaches for poop paper with his beak>
son: <without getting off sofa stretches out and reaches for paper to move it away from ollie>
ollie: <leaps up a full foot and forward about another foot, moans loudly, flaps wings, as he lunges at son>
son: <snatches back hand>
ollie: <waddles away laughing maniaclly> heh heh heh heh

laugh  mean old man  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:54:39 am »

Oh my! It sounds like a zoo at your house. I bet you wouldn't trade your life for anything, though. I can just see all this happening. I'll have to come up with some of my birds.
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:03:14 am »

its most definitely a multi-ring circus round here  dmblaf  but ya know, it fills my spare time.  roll

cant wait to hear your birdie stories! i LOVE a good birdie story.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:59:01 pm »

I don't think any of us can top your stories or fun you have with your fiddies Toz.  laffhrd You just have a crazy life with them that sets the stage for even crazier stories!!  :twirl:

I can't think of any good ones right now. I'm sure I will when I am not around the computer or have no paper to write it down.  slaph
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »

Well, my story is going to be pretty boring compared to yours Beth  smile3

I first went to see Codie at the breeders in October 2011, he was just 8 weeks old. I picked him up and he just looked up at me with those big brown eyes and snuggled right into me  smile3 We bonded instantly with each other and I knew he was going to become a big part of my life! He finally came home with me late Dec, when he was fully weaned and 12 weeks old  bananarama At this point, he loved everyone, BUT, this all changed by the time he reached 5 months. He decided I was his Mummy and he would not have anything to do with anyone else  lol

Codie has to have routine. If I change it in anyway at all, then he will let me know he is unhappy about it  sadboy3

He follows me round like a dog and does not like me going out of his sight! As long as he can see me, then he is fine!

I have Harry and Sally, who are my 2 English Budgies. They are just 6 months old and really just like to stick together and do their own thing. Codie totally ignores them as if they didn't even exist  laugh
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
JudiNH
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 11

Level 4 Poll Voter 50 Posts
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 05:22:50 am »

Those are great stories.  Birds are amazing creatures...so smart, and SO danged FUNNY!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: