Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:38:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

re introduce myself

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: re introduce myself  (Read 932 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:12 am »

i see some changes, new admin, new members so i thought i'd reintroduce myself... ya know start anew!  it was actually kinda cute i hit the button to go into this subforum and voila! it went from brown to blue.  huh4  i see some new subforums, etc. i just think it would be great to get this board back to the land of the living.  loveuk

so anyway, i'm tozie aka beth. i have a flock of 5.

Skittles, scarlet macaw about 7 or 8 yrs old. he's been with me since jan '09
marley, caique, 5 1/2 yrs old. he's been with me since two weeks after i got skittles feb '09
twiggy, quaker, age unknown. she's been with me since sept '09
ollie, yellow naped amazon, age roughly 32yrs. he's been with me since sept '10. it was this board that made it possible for me to get my grumpy green guy.  loveuk
caleb, M2, around 12yrs. he's been with me since jan '12
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:56:35 am »

Hello Beth! I've chatted with you in the chat room, but thought I'd say a quick hello here too. I can't wait to learn more about your flock and you.
Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:59:58 pm »

Hello Beth, it's lovely to meet you :)
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »

Hi Tozie!! hugu I have so missed you & everyone else here and the fun we used to have!! We hope to get things rocking again.  metal

I can assure you Wendy, Debra & I are full of chatter! When I'm off for my 4 (I still work nights at the prison) I will start getting the bird forums set up with generall info type stuff and a few photos since I have a varied flock now!!  slaph smile3
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 01:47:20 am »

I am Ditty, I live in MA with my hubby and 2 kiddos.  I have two mixed breed old granny dogs, 1 bunny who is the biggest snuggle bug ever, and my fids.
My fids are-
Yoshi my quaker who is ummm 8 I think (too lazy to look it up right now) we got him when he was almost 3 mos old.  He loves his momma but loves kids more.  He has his BFF who is my daughter.  They do everything together.  He is a little trouble maker just like her so they fit perfectly together.   loveuk

Zuri my CAG is 26?  I think (again too lazy), we got her as a rehome after a horrid situation, she was abandoned in a home, then abused by the workers there, poked with sticks, and they would put gloves on and squeeze her and the others just to hear the screams.   2sadk :pipen:  Anyway, my hubs friend heard of this and went in knowing nothing of birds and took em all out of there one night.  He could get nowhere with poor lil Zuri girl and offered her to us.  She has come along well.  She has been with us 5 yrs I believe now.  Super sweet, funny as all get out, but does not trust anyone but me to pick her up.  Although she will sit next to my husband and enjoys it but NO hands!

Hollywood is a GW who was rehomed to me at age 4, I was his 3rd home.  The lady I got him from loved him but had cancer and no longer could care for him.  That was about 3 yrs ago.  He is not as trusting, and not cuddly but does like to play some games and enjoys a good scratch from momma.  He enjoys the kids and their friends also.  Not trusting of anyone else to touch him though, although if outside he will step up for others.
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:42:28 am »

even knowing her story, seeing lil zuri's horror again just makes me sick to my stomach.  mad1  i love that lil girlie so very much!  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:17:02 am »

Hi Ditty!! Good to hear from you and your flock!  I don't know if you remember, but you are the reason I landed here on this limb. Back in Jan of 2012 you posted a message on the Macaw forum about BP and invited everyone to come check it out. I did and have blessed your for that message ever since! hugu

Oh how sad that poor Zuri had to endure such horrible treatment.  sad8 I am so glad your hubby's friend saved her and she has a forever home with you. She is a doll as is all your sweet fiddies.

Hope you like some of the changes that have been made and we hope to get a lot of conversation going again with old & new members.  :twirl:
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 09:35:34 am »

Hello Ditty! Thank you for telling us newbies a little bit about yourself. I am so glad your friend saved your little one (please forgive me for not using names, my internet is out for the moment so I'm on my phone and it only has an itty bitty screen). I hope to get to know you and everyone better.
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:07 am »

I'm Sondra who is owned by 5 birds, a U2, Powder, who was given to us over 12 years ago, a CAG, Higgins (Higgy) who was given to us about 10 years ago, a HMC, Max, who was given to us about 8 years ago, a Tiel, Henrietta (Henry, who was given to us about a year and a half ago, and a Budgie, Mojo who was given to us two and a half years ago. Powder is a teenager, Higgy is in his mid tolate 20s, Max is in his 40s, Henry is 2, & Mojo is about 16. Hubs and I have 2 dogs, Hooch is a Bull Mastiff at 5 years old, & "T" (Turner) is a Black Mouth Cur at 1 and a half. We also have two ferrets one is 15 and the other is 10.
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:26 am »

Oh Sondra! I bet you have a busy house. I can't wait until I know everyone's birds by name. I will go look for pictures of everyone's feathered and furred babies as soon as my internet comes up.
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 01:58:00 pm »

Hi Sondra,  I told you I'd try to be back more often. At the time I had no idea it was in the manner. headhammer

You will have to update us on Powder's flying progress has gone. Do you still just fly her inside your large room or have you ventured to the outdoors?

Hooch was adorable in her Mother's Day greeting on FB. I loved her laid back feeling relaxed look. And such a beautiful black mask she has.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 03:26:29 am »

We only fly Powder in the house due to the fact that we have a very large number of hawks & eagles around us. With a room 60 feet long it"s plenty of room to fly in. Not looking for another vet bill.
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 05:01:05 am »

Hello Ditty,

It's lovely to meet you :)

I look forward to getting to know you and your flock :)
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 11:54:18 am »

OH ya Nakia I forgot about that!  When you came here I was like this chick is hilarious why did she not post on the macaw forum.  So glad you joined so I could get to know you!
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 03:13:22 pm »

Ditty, talk about a hilarious Chick. You hold a title to that one yourself! 2funny2

I found out the Macaw Forum didn't take to me very well real fast. I suspect it was my ownership of hybrid macaws tho from a snide remark post some had made to another member about their hybrids. They mostly just ignored my posts so i moved on to a totally better place that had folks with as weird a humor as me.  stupid1
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: