Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:24:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

mojave 9-21-09 to 11-22-13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mojave 9-21-09 to 11-22-13  (Read 206 times)
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:43:10 am »

I know I haven't been here in a very long time and I am sorry. on that note most of you have known me either personally or via web,and you know Mojave was one of my first parrots. I took my husband to a bird fair for his first time 11-14-09. I had saved up to take the trip and make it special for him to. we walked around and I came across a cage with baby green cheeks in it. I asked how much and they were 150. I didn't have that much with me so we continued to walk around. I had my heart set on a green cheek conure and I knew if I was ment to get one I would .as we were getting ready to go the lady said are you still interested in a green cheek and I said yes but I only have 50 extra dollars with me as I just got toys for my budgies. she said ok. I was about to walk away to leave and she said take your pick. I said really you are willing to take only 50 for one? she said I can tell you really want one and I am guessing by the toys you have there the baby will be well loved. so I picked the one I had looked at earlier. he had gotten out of the cage she had them in and was flying around the fair and then came and landed on my arm and then flew to my husband. I knew then that was the one who had really picked us. he was making lots of noise in the car ride home,and I don't blame him who wants to be in a small box for an hour and a half drive. so we stopped at a gas station and while sitting in the car we opened the box and he climbed right up on my husbands arm. I drove the rest of the way home but I did remember to take pictures of him sitting there. we got him home and let him explore the house. he claimed everything as his own. it took me some time to name him and we decided on a desert name. as always all my pets have middle names his full name was Mojave mychael. mychael after both his grandpas who are no longer with us. as many of you know we got 3 more green cheeks who were Mojave's siblings from the clutch after him. bfids took one(miss talon) and I raised the other 2. taylor passed away only 4 days later due to an injury he had from the breeder. only 4 months later his sister mojito died from egg binding. Mojave was also the only one left of his clutch and talon the only one left of hers. we moved in 2010 and we had only a small flock then 3 tiels and 2 budgies and of course Mojave. I learned from the doctor I was very allergic to the cockatiels and I fought for 6 months with lung infection after lung infection and so we had to make the choice to give the tiels up. the budgies were older and we lost both of them not long after our move. so then Mojave was the only one we had left from our original flock. in dec. 2010 we took in  a quaker we named her sidne jean. then we got a few others we either fostered or kept over the next few years. in feb. 2012 talon had a clutch of baby green cheeks,they were Mojave's nieces and nephews. I decided I wanted one related to him and to mojito and taylor as we missed both of them as well. we got zienna aven in march 2012 and she is still feisty as ever. we also got in October 2012 aspin lief a cinnamon green cheek. Mojave was very loving and accepting of all birds brought into the house. he took aspin under his wings and the same with zienna. it was then the green cheek clan was born. the three of them were never apart. Mojave taught them a lot of things and he also got them to eat cooked food and other stuff they wouldn't try unless he ate it first. I remember every day when I tried to sleep in past 9am Mojave would yell out mommy mommyyy until I woke up and asked him what he wanted. then he would ask what I was doing. it was a daily thing with him. I remember the morning he passed away. I woke up to a very quiet house. I went to let the conures out of the cage and gave them their normal treats. Mojave didn't say mommy on that day and now I know why. I picked him up off the top of the cage,their favorite hang out as they have their morning papaya treat. as I picked him up he started to breath very heavy and when my husband took him from my hands as I went to get a warm blanket and find the vets number. as I was coming back with the number I looked over at Mojave and he looked back and me took one deep breath and then he was gone. forever in my mind is that haunting image,also knowing that is the last memory I have of him. I haven't been able to sleep much or eat. I am crying over stupid things and everytime I see a picture of another green cheek I bawl like a baby. I hear his name or see his name even as I type this I am fighting back tears. two weeks ago today at 10:52am my sweet boy took his last breath. never again will I hear mommy or whatcha doing.never again will he climb into my bed and pull my eyebrow ring or call out to me so I wake up. never again will I cough and hear him mock me. a piece of me is gone and no matter how much time passes I will never forget him nor will I ever stop loving him. he was my baby boy,the closest thing to a child I will ever have again. I have been trying to put on a happy face and not let others see or hear the pain and ache in my voice. I have been trying to not spam places with his pictures and talk about him as not everybody gets it. to most people he was just a bird,but to me he was my baby,my child. he will always and forever be mommys boy.  cry cwy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:00:04 am »

i'm so very sorry  sadboy3

fly free lil one.  cry
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:32:31 am »

I am so very sorry you lost your sweet baby. (((HUGS))) Your angel is watching over you and in time he will guide you to another bird who needs your love, you may be saying "NO, I can't do that again!", but it will happen.

You are correct that people don't get it, these pets we have ARE our children and we love them as such. WE get it! In time you will be able to remember him without falling completely apart, yes the tears will fall, perhaps more often than you realize. I was in tears for you (and me) as I read your post about Mojave as I was remembering Momma (our Tiel) and Poncho (another Tiel) who are no longer with us.

You gave Mojave the BEST home and let him love you as you loved him, unconditionally. You knew he was a bird and let him be who & what he was with no expectations from him & that's as it should be for all of our companions.  God bless you and your hubs. Know you are welcome to talk as much as you want here & we will understand.
Report Spam   Logged
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:14:41 am »

thanks ladies..sorry tozie I got kicked out of chat and it wont let me back in. I was just asking tozie in chat if we got another conure if I would be a bad person. I know that nobody will ever take his place,and I feel so guilty right now even thinking of getting another bird.
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:25:03 pm »

No, it doesn't make you a bad person, it shows you have more love in your heart to share.  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:21 pm »

i too am sorry for your loss.   i know someday the day will come for me and Tumbler too and i know i'll be the same as you.  I didn't handle Kiwi's passing real well so I know the future will hold more tears, but enjoy what beautiful memories you have.   hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: