Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 04:44:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ugh, a hormonal Caique

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugh, a hormonal Caique  (Read 300 times)
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: October 29, 2013, 07:06:50 pm »

Dear Lucifer's hormones are on fire right now. For the past 3 days he has been putting on quite a show of threat displays, making sounds that would bend metal, and attacking anyone or anything that comes in the office. I hade to make the difficult decision to keep him confined until this passes while I am adjusting his light schedule and re-evaluating his diet. He has turned downright vicious with his attacks, and took a nasty bite out of Doug's ear when he walked too close. This while I am dealing with Lola's first "hormonal storm". You could just cut the joy and bliss in this house with a knife. On a positive note, Crush is still my sweet little orange neck tumor. I guess I just have to be grateful...and patient....very patient!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:25:52 am »

Poor Doug...............Poor Lucifer and Lola! Ear bites SUCK!  :oopse5: I mean I hope Dougs' era feels better, ear bites are only second to nipple bites!  goofi

I feel sorry for ya'll, but more sorry for the birds wanting to do what comes natural. Bird hormones are almost as bad as having a really sick infant or a baby that is teething - can't figure them out, they can't tell you what's wrong where, and nothing you do seems to help.  pullhair  I sure hope this passes QUICKLY!  hugu 
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:00:31 am »

awww poor george, doug, and lil luci-fer.  sadbigeye  one year, i think it was the second one ollie was here, i had to just leave ollie's door shutfor a few weeks til his hormones eased down. they can get so darn dangerous!  oh

sending everyone hugs!  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:10:25 pm »

OK, so I either made the worst mistake of my life or I am a freaking genius. I picked up a female Black Headed Caique who is about Lucifer's age. After quarantine and vet check I will begin the process of introductions. I have either gotten the music to soothe his savage breast or a companion velociraptor. Whichever the case, I need a zanax. I will post photos later
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:58:15 am »

Congrats! You certainly are braver than I!
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 08:56:20 am »

i'm waiting for my pictures!  clap
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: