Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:42:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

I finally did it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally did it.  (Read 191 times)
GlitterParrot
Hatched Grade 'A' Egg
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 7

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: October 05, 2013, 05:32:41 pm »

So everyone knows how badly I've wanted one of these birds, and a lot of assorted things in my life have been causing severe stress and being around these birds is just so therapeutic for me. So my husband has been taking me to shop birds for the past couple months, just to visit different ones, and last night he took me with the intention for me to buy one.

You know how they say you don't choose the bird, but the bird chooses you? I had no idea how true that was. Last night I met an adorable GCC who turned her back on me, and tried to get away to be with the birdkeeper. As much as I wanted to get her, I knew she hadn't chosen me and that it would probably be a rocky road for us, especially since she didn't even have the slightest interest in being my friend at all. So we decided to wait, and my husband promised to take me back out looking first thing in the morning.

A few months ago, I had met a GCC at another place who had been a little standoffish but very adorable. He was an adorable cinnamon mutation who had to be coaxed out of his cage by the attendant, but who then huddled into my hand and reached for kisses over and over. I didn't forget about him, and today we went back to visit with him again, and potentially see if he was the one.

This time, he eagerly came out of his cage, got on my hand, kissed me on the lips and nestled into my hair. When the attendant reached to put him back for me so we could pick out a cage, he grumbled at her and got very upset. When I would look back to the cage to catch a glimpse of him through the glass, he was bobbing his head and frantically craning his neck to try and look in our direction.

So everyone... I now have a beautiful seven month old conure who is extremely cuddly, so much that he's already flipping on his back in my hand of his own accord when I offer.
And his home is magnificent and huge. Small cages for birds make both me and my husband depressed to look at, so we set about finding something good. We ended up getting him a giant cage-- one with bars that are spaced small enough apart, but the inside is large enough for an african grey or macaw, and completely sturdy and metal. It's a thing of beauty :')

So yes. Here's hoping he doesn't decide to turn into a screamer, but his caretakers said he was quiet, and so far he has been extremely quiet except a few calls which have not been super loud. So really, here's to not getting evicted. But people. He's a serious dear.

Report Spam   Logged

Music is my life.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS!! What is his/her name? Where are the pictures? C'mon! I wanna see!!  smile3
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:21:12 pm »

PLEASE!!  weirdo3
Report Spam   Logged
GlitterParrot
Hatched Grade 'A' Egg
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 7

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 08:56:46 pm »

Hehe! Sorry, I've been bustling about and he's in bed now D:.  I will get pics in the morning for you!! He doesn't have a name yet, we're looking for something adorable and cute sounding. His name at the store was Zod but I don't want him to have a villainous name -_- he's too cute for that. X)
Report Spam   Logged

Music is my life.
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 11:52:35 pm »

Oh how exciting GlitterParrot!! GCCs are wonderful little cuties! They just love their favorite humans totally! smile3 It has been a bit since you posted this. How is your sweetie doing & what did you settle on for his name?

My Peta actually will let hubby hold her when she is in the mood & my son who she has never met was down this week & she readily came out on his hand. Peta was touted as hating men when I went to see her at her former owner's home. Given what I had heard about this lady's ex-husband, I can see why she thought this, but she definitely likes good men.  :twirl:
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: