Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:20:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~~Ruby Jewel Finally Came Home~~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~~Ruby Jewel Finally Came Home~~~  (Read 184 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:45:51 am »

Well my Green Wing girl Ruby Jewel came home a month ago...I know I should have posted these sooner... headhammer She is a gem for sure! She is a sweetheart & only took a couple of weeks to decide I was her new Mom. hugu She readily got on my hand the first day to go to her play perch, but didn't want me to touch her. Understandable since she did not know how she managed to be put into a small carrier by her 1st Mom Kitty (her breeder) in Washington state and be taken out by a complete stranger in an unfamiliar house after a loooong flight with a layover in Chicago.  oh

I could tell she missed Kitty a lot. Plus Kitty allowed her out all day long & she only went to her cage to sleep after she would fall asleep on Kitty's well endowed chest. sad8 Something I am very much lacking and I don't have the luxury of allowing her out all day. cwy Mine have a more structured schedule on work days when they get out for 1 1/2 hrs in thew morning while I fix their foods. Then again for 1 1/2 hrs. in the afternoon while I get ready for work for 4 days. My 4 off days just depend on what my schedule for that day consists of as to how much time they have out. The rest of the flock is so used to my schedule they don't mind a bit.  :twirl:

So, anyway she is adjusting to me, our house & all the chaos she flew into from Washington state where she was the center of attention by Kitty who has taken her leaving very hard. sadboy3 I do believe if she had known how cuddly & sweet Ruby Jewel was going to turn out to be, she would have chose not to sell her.  hmm

This was right after opening her carrier & giving her a peanut after an all day flight & a 3 hr
car drive home from the DFW Airport at 2:00 am.

This was after I put her carrier in her large enclosure & she realized she was in a strange cage.
She decided the scary human was not so bad after all.

Her first day out on Angel's play perch the 2nd day she was home.

Here she is on her perch on the highest limb her first meal at the table with us.

Reaching for a tidbit.

Eating tidbit.

These were the first photos the first week I got her home. I will make a new thread in the other parrot picture forum of her newest photos. I have quite a few already.  smile3

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LittleBeaks
Bird Mad Girl
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 9

Me and my Arrow...

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:33:34 am »

So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had a bird "shipped" to me but I can imagine it being exciting but also realllllllllllly stressful for you and especially the bird. So I'm glad you both made it through.  dmblaf She is soooooooooooooooooo beautiful and cute and pretty and perfect. AH! She's just making my love for green wings grow. I'm looking forward to more pictures and stories. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  clap
Report Spam   Logged

Bird Mad Girl
Green Cheek Conure - Neno
Quaker Parrot (Green) - Cleo 
Lovebird (Fishers and Peach Face cross) - Pablo 
Timneh African Grey - Bowie
White Bellied Caique - Poe
I miss you
Java Finch - Arrow - 12/5/09
Quaker Parrot -Paco - 11/24/10 
Budgie - Sonny - 10/15/12
Java Finch - Luna - 3/13/13
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:09:50 am »

Thanks! The flight was uneventful for her. :twirl: The trip to Dallas was as usual, stressful from all the traffic I am not used to anymore. :deer: Plus all the road work that made us get lost trying to find the street we needed to get to my sister's house in Irving to wait for her flight to come in. sad8 Then once we got to the airport, she was on time & expected to get there at 6:35pm. I called United Cargo for directions to their building, had a print out of directions my sister gave me & thought all was set to wait for her. Well, we toured the airport access rad about 5 times looking for N. Support Rd. the one we needed to get off on. Followed the directions & it didn't get us to the right place. Hubby stopped at a post office on the airport site & got a large map of all the cargo buildings. None said they were United & the area the guy at the post office said it was at was not right!  :pipen:

So, I called the United # again & got the same directions, except was told to turn right onto the road we had been looking for instead of left like the 1st directions said. slaph No good either, we toured the airport around & round in circles about 3 more times. :cstars: I told Jerry we had to find a real person to talk to that knows the airport that can tell us where to turn. We turned at the next road that took us to the employee's entrance to Delta to their guard shack & the security guard told us we were one road shy of our destination. handshappy We turned on the road he said & began looking for the 'United' building. Well, not only does the road it was on not say 'N. Support Rd.' anywhere on it, neither does the cargo building say United on it, but the address is right. huh4 Instead, it says Delta on the right side & Continental on the left! We had to go inside to see United on the wall behind the cargo counter.  roll

By this time it was 1 1/2 hrs later, Ruby Jewel was quietly waiting for us at the counter & I was a bawling mess from one~Finally getting to see her in person & two~worrying the place would close before we could find them! cwy I was never so glad to be on the road & out of that crazy Metroplex as I was that night!   smile3
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 07:44:46 am »

bananarama  yay!! congrats on the lil angel! she's an absolute doll!!
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: