Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:52:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Meet "T"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet "T"  (Read 227 times)
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:22:31 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:25:16 am »

loveuk loveuk  awwww!!!!!! <melt> how absolutely adorable!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 02:04:23 pm »

Thanks! I paid a hefty ransom to get him out of a crack-heads hands. He's barely 5 weeks old, I think the guy stole him when he was 3 weeks old. He keeps trying to nurse off Hooch who doesn't like it one bit!  bugeye
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

awwww how adorable!  what kind is he?
poor Hooch lol thinking wth?
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »

Puppy!  loveuk loveuk loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 06:32:15 pm »

Not sure what he is, the crack-head said mastiff - could be or could be a mix, we'll just wait and see.

I bought formula and a bottle, made a scrambled egg, pureed it, and mixed thick formula (according to directions) and he ate the egg right up. He won't eat puppy chow, hard he swallows whole, soft he ignores, so I'll add thick formula to softened puppy chow. He is filthy! I'd like to bathe him, but I'll wait until I talk to our vet & get an appointment. He also smells funny (don't know if crack smells), not like a puppy at all.

Hooch has been GREAT with T  loveuk. She needs to loose weight, so playing with a puppy will help. We are making sure Hooch gets some alone time as well as people time without T, don't want her to get grouchy.
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 01:29:43 am »

Oh My Goodness!!!! Love Puppy Faces!!! loveuk

T is absolutely adorable & such a cutie!  hugu So glad you got him away from the crack heads.  :bruce:

Too bad they will use the money to buy more drugs instead of food or something decent. But the puppy is more important. smile3 And maybe they will burn a hole in their head soon & save the tax payers money when they finally get caught & hauled off to prison.  :pit: :somad:

Your formula sounds like a good one. many years ago when I was in high school (Geez, that was a long time ago *'70s*) my Mom was given a female poodle. She & my Mom's male poodle had puppies & she refused to let the babies nurse. We had fed them from the beginning. My Mom made a formula of raw egg yokes~minus the whites, evaporated  canned milk, a little bit of white Karo syrup & water.  She was given that formula recipe by our vet. That was before you could just go out to the local pet shops & buy formulas for any kind of baby critter. We raised them just fine on that mix. happyjack
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 04:56:40 am »

LOL! Nakia, I used that same formula when my daughter was born!

I talked to the vet yesterday and she said we are doing the right things. We are to keep using the formula as a slurry on his food for the next 2 weeks. If he doesn't gain weight we are to buy canned puppy chow and give that for a few days. He doesn't eat much and that has us worried as most puppies will eat themselves to death if given the opportunity.  He's getting his first bath today as well as being blow dried. His testes should drop into place in the next 4 weeks or so. I took him on a very short walk yesterday on a leash, he did pretty good, even pooping (which I had to pick up.  slaph )  He will go to the vet in 4 weeks for blood work and a good check-up unless he needs to go sooner. We have to be careful about spoiling him rotten, we must set boundaries or he is going to be a royal pill.  laugh I find myself holding him and giving in way too much when he whines.............sigh.

I was very surprised that we haven't had jealousy problems with Hooch, but we are with HIGGINS!  bugeye This bird is actually calling George (Hubs) over and wanting ME to pick him up & to sit with ME. Very strange, but I'll take it as he normally considers me a mode of transportation only.  smile3 Powder has been more vocal also, but calms when both of us are home and he can fly for a bit with out the puppy running to chomp him. Man Powder coud really hurt this little guy.
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 09:26:57 am »

OMG!! I'm too OLD for a puppy! We let T out and he finds every place in the yard to get out, we block it up, Hooch pulls the big blocks of wood, cinder blocks, and whatever else we have blocked these holes with away from the old part of our fence and we have to chase the little fur-ball!  laugh  If Hooch can't move what we put in place she makes a new hole........hmmmmmmm, wonder if she's trying to tell us something.  dknow Oh, well I need to loose weight!  hardlaf

You should see Hooch (at 150 pounds) playing tug-of-war with T, she is so gentle with him. Don't get me wrong, she does put him in his place which scare the heck out of not only T, but hubs and myself. He's gotta learn though. We are blessed to have such a gentle giant of a dog.  loveuk

T is doing well, he is eating a combo of dry and canned puppy food, is peeing and pooping well & has way more energy. He is sleeping through the night (he should with all the exercise he gets!), and is growing taller. His testes have started to drop into place, TY!, so hopefully we don't have to worry about that. He even is walking pretty well on a leash.
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:10:28 pm »

T has a broken leg.  2sadk Hooch and T were playing and Hooch bowled him over and he broke the thin bone in his leg just above the ankle. Poor baby is on "crate" rest for the next two weeks, then back to the vet for a recheck. This is gonna be hard for a 10 week & 1 day old puppy. It could have been worse, they could have had to cast the leg or do surgery, but because he's so young it will heal without either.
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 08:49:24 am »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

awwww poor T, and poor Hooch is like HEY IN THERE COME OUT AND PLAY!  Glad it is not more serious though , as you said. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: