Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:55:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Possible Re-homing in CT for Pigeon

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Re-homing in CT for Pigeon  (Read 141 times)
GlitterParrot
Hatched Grade 'A' Egg
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 7

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:55:04 pm »

Hey everyone (man has it been a while),

I know that most of you are owners of fids in the parrot family, but I'm looking for a possible re-homing for my pigeon Romeo.
I'm in college now, and have got a lot other things that are going on as well. With the way things are, I'm just not able to give him the time he deserves anymore, and the decreased time just hanging out with him coupled with him not being able to fly outdoors with the hawks that live in our back yard isn't really giving him quality of life that I think he should have.
I've got a potential adopter lined up, but it's starting to sound like they're thinking along the lines of adopting him with a bunch of other pigeons and then eventually releasing them. Please don't tell me this is a bad idea, I'm already having some reservations and am inquiring into what their plan would be exactly because that isn't something that I'm really comfortable with.

I know that trying to find an environment for him that would be close to what he's had here (pet scenario) is very very unlikely to find, so I guess what I'm asking is:
do any of you know of any sanctuaries or anything that would at least provide a home for him that would keep him safe from predators located somewhere in CT? I do believe that he'd be happy with other birds/with more space, but I don't want him to be in danger.

Thanks.
-Glitter
Report Spam   Logged

Music is my life.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: