Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:04:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

rocko

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rocko  (Read 375 times)
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 02:37:48 pm »

I too was thinking of you all night.  When I got out I picked up my phone to leave you a message and then looked at the time-  oh oops no don't do that again!  LOL
I am glad things went well.  I know how bad that hurts to love a pup so much that you let them go.  How are the other 2 pups??  They must be a little confused I would imagine.  I think Skittles saying Move it Rock would make me cry the first few times.  Sigh  it is so hard to lose them.  You know how I felt about it and know that I thought you were second guessing yourself just cuz you love him.  I hope you are at peace with it now.

Think of the big ol Croc laying out in heaven's sun.   :glasses:
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 03:18:40 pm »

Tozie,  hugu

Debz, what a thoughtful gesture! Been missing you girl!  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

thank you everyone so very much. you are my family and your support just means so much!  grouphug

i'm better tonite. i'm trying to just remember how wonderful he was, to remember the good times. goodness knows we had plenty of them with him.  i know it was the right thing to do. when the first sedative kicked in he just relaxed so much. his pain finally went away and he slept so deeply. it was then that i realized just how much pain he had been in. they barely got any of the second med in before he was gone, so i know without a doubt that he was ready, he just needed a little help getting over the bridge. i gave him the last gift i could give: a peaceful and dignified end. and at the end, his pain went away.

thanks deb, ya know i cant pass up a good cup of java <puts a couple spoons of cocoa in the cup> just gonna doctor it up a bit. <grin>

wishy, ditty thanks for thinking of me. ya'll must've heard me thinking bout you too! yeah, the girls are a bit confused, but not as bad as you'd think. darla came in last nite looking round. stopped and sniffed the air. then she quit looking for him. she knew he wasnt here. i'm sure the first time skittles yells at 'rock' it'll get me. but it'll be something i'll encourage in him. a wonderful way to keep his memory alive. cause i swear, <sad grin> that dog would just drive me nuts by stopping RIGHT in front of me so i couldnt get by! he just had NO IDEA that he was horizontal!

yeah, D, i plan to print the pic in this thread of him and put it up. it was  a great shot and he was really happy that day. he loved laying in the sun. he was our furry gator out there sunning himself in the yard.  loveuk

thank you all again. sondra, mar, b'fids, loonie, lorek, bird crazy... thank you so very very much!  grouphug
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 07:01:03 pm »

I'm gonna' send a few hugs to ya' Toz & Rocko~~~ hugu grouphug hugu I so know what you had to do & what your feeling now.  sad8

Rocko is watching over you, the fiddies, Darla & Buffy loveuk

And he is in great company with all our darling feathered, & non feathered kids that are waiting for us over the Rainbow Bridge. hugu grouphug hugu
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 10:30:18 pm »

Oh, wow! I'm so sorry I missed this! Hugs Toz!
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 07:51:14 am »

thank you nakia, grey  hugu 

each day it gets easier. i think that knowing he was ready makes it easier. his ashes and a pretty box will be sent to me. he'll sit on the table next to Lee.... <snicker> me and the kids got a little chuckle cause his box will be prettier than Lee's... we can all see Lee telling rocko..."hey man, can i move in with you??? i'd do it for you, buddy.  smile3  "

what can i say... morbid humor is our special 'gift'.  dknow
Report Spam   Logged

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 12:30:56 pm »

laugh hardlaf
Report Spam   Logged

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 05:18:10 pm »

slaph laffhrd

I was thinking that you would put he and lee together LOL.. too funny.....

I waited up for you in chat yesterday and poked around today, guess you didn't feel up to it, I will be ready when you are  hugu   such a great dog he was, just so cool.  I wonder what Skittles thinks, in the beginning it was just the two of them..

I have not been able to stop thinking about you and you have crossed my mind so much I think they are going to put a sign in  (like deer..only...)
my hubby and kids know what happened and were very sad to hear it, they liked the pic you have here.  I dunno I am rambling.... such a tough week for ya...  hugu
I am So glad it went peacefully as I had hoped, you could almost hear him saying.. "ahhhh, now THAT is much better..." when they got the 1st sedative in there.. bless his little heart :heartu: ..
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:15:48 am »

Just pooped in  :oopse5: to say hi  hi5  offer some  cheer  and  loveit2  by the way, ty Sondra. I share the sentiment.   loveuk   
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 05:48:16 pm »

i got my Rocko back today. his box is really pretty and i have a nice collage pic to put in a frame next to it.... but i hafta construct a see thru plexi box to put the wood box in... i'd hate to come home one day and find skittles has made a nest and laid an egg in rocky!  :deer:
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 08:10:14 pm »

Oh my! That visual of Skittles sitting on an egg in Rocko is just too funny!  laugh

Glad you have Rocko home.  loveuk

Until we meet again..

You say that all you have left are memories but this is not so.
You see, when I took leave of my earthly body I left a little something behind for you.
You can't touch it, hold it or examine it, for what I left behind is far too uninhibited for confinement.
I left in your tender care a piece of my soul.
I placed it right next to your own which is quite fitting as we were always side by side in our earthly life together.
I love you too much to have left you with nothing but memories that tend to fade and grow cloudy as the years go by.
I love you too much to have vanished without a trace. How selfish it would be of me to remove love and light from your life.
I understand your tears, each one you shed is testament to your love for me and I am honored and humbled.
But don't forget the good things we shared - remember and smile. This is an honor for me as well.
When you need me I will be here.
Close your eyes, relax, take slow, deep breaths and picture me in your mind.
Shut off the world and your notions of what you think death is and give me a chance.
Look for the subtle signs I send you.
Don't stop being proud of me, I am a friend to be proud of, I am still your friend and soul mate.
Don't memorialize the death of my body but instead honor and celebrate my never-ending life for it is eternal
and forever as is my love for you.

Until we meet again...

(Only part of a very long heart felt peom.Written by Terri Onorato)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: