Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:59:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

coconut water

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coconut water  (Read 152 times)
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: February 20, 2013, 02:01:10 pm »

I have never tried coconut water with the fids.  I got some last week to try.  I put it in the water dish.  Yoshi thought he was in heaven.  :gomer:  HW went over to it and would not even taste it, I tried it on a spoon, my finger, end of a straw and he would lick the air and pretend he tasted it and then shake his head like he didn't like it so much it gave him shivers.  laffhrd  Zuri tasted it and then proceeded to dump her dish so I guess that was a no go for her. 

So my questions-
Do you feed it to your fids and who likes it and who doesn't ?
How much is safe to give?  I know if people drink too much of coconut MILK it will give em diarrhea so I was concerned about giving Yoshi too much of the water.

I was thinking of using some in Yoshi's mash or in some of his birdie bread.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:29:41 pm »

i have tried it. had full body shivers for about ten mins!  oh the birds on the other hand thought it was mana from heaven! i dont think its bad to give it regularly, tho
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:01 pm »

Small amounts should be fine and they are more adapted to this then we are  :trots:  If you are really sick or dehydrated coconut water has more natural electrolytes and trace minerals then Pedialyte and Gatorade combined.  Marine Corps survival training  thumb  Of course, now you are hearing it is not as good.  Why?  Because that hurts big Corporates like Gatorade and the rest of them clowns and we all know the media is controlled by them. 
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:40 pm »

None of mine will eat coconut, so I don't even bother getting them any more. They wouldn't touch the milk either, they acted like it had cooties after one teensy, tiny taste.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: