Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:06:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

suggestions on cooperation problem, please?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions on cooperation problem, please?  (Read 373 times)
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 04:54:47 pm »

Tozie how do you think Caleb would react to a dowel totaly covered in thick twine or rope? Maybe you could cover one for him to chew on and if he chews it you could try using one to step up on.
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 05:33:22 pm »

Great suggestions Sondra and Ditty! Keep the faith Toz! You'll make it. Just in case, I was watching a show on Discovery the other night about filming sharks (the film makers wear chain mail diving suits). You might want to check out the next Ren Faire for a chain Mail blouse.
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:27 am »

sondra, he's VERY skittish with sticks of any kind. He is getting used to the lance in the sense that i use it for ollie while i have Caleb on my left forearm. So i'm kinda getting him accustomed to it by just seeing me use it with ollie and that ollie actually LIKES the hand perch. My biggest problem is getting him OFF me when he's not done yet. i'm sure its simply overbonding. He's an M2 and they just arent designed to be alone.  sadboy3 
He took his shower with me yesterday and did great after that. no problems getting on the cage, no distress when i got ready to leave... as a matter of fact, he completely ignored me after he got soaked and back on his cage! lol! I WISH he'd let me soak him EVERY day, i think that would go a long way to helping his poor chest heal up. But he will sit in the shower with me and at least soak up the mist everytime I shower.
Grey,  laugh  with my luck the little devil would cut RIGHT thru the chain mail!  slaph  Where he got me on my upper arm yesterday all you can see is a tiny point where the tip of his top mandible punctured my arm, i HATE when i have an injury that hurts ALOT more than it LOOKS like it should.  sad8

i REALLY like the idea of different ques for a request v/s a demand. it just never occurred to me.  dknow  So i will definitely be implementing that with ALL my fids. Ollie and Skittles rarely balk at a step up request, so i dont have problems there with them, but its good to have it in place just in case.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: