Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:53:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

hey! c'mere....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hey! c'mere....  (Read 228 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:09:49 pm »

:cstars:  lemme tell ya bout my parrots....

we have marley, he's grown in his flights...most of 'em. so he's  smfly  getting into EVERYTHING. I retrieve him... he flys back... i put him on his cage... he flies to the front window...NOT a birdy approved area.  slaph  I put him in HIS window, he flies to the OTHER window...not a birdy approved area. I finally put him in his room. He's also hormonal, so he's on the verge of overload 24/7. When he goes into overload he viciously attacks anything he can reach! Of course, compared to skittles, ollie, and caleb he really cant do much damage. But that doesnt mean it doesnt hurt when ya have a pissed off caique hanging off your upper lip!  oh

we have Ollie, he's a bit hormonal too. so he's spending ALOT of time in his box... and he's moaning, braying, and clucking. Now by itself, that's not too bad. I can still hear the tv and at least i'm not jumping up and down to retrieve him.

Next is Caleb...  slaph  He's in his room enjoying himself. He occasionally talks to me but he OFTEN honks at me. now when i say 'honk' its a LOUD gutteral goose-like honk that he bellows out for about a minute, then stops for a few, then honks for a minute, then stops for a few mins.... off and on for about 15 mins. Not too bad, its loud when its going but doesnt last long.

AND THEN THERE'S SKITTLES.  bangdhead  He's screamy. Now i KNOW its directly related to hormones. i KNOW that he does this EVERY year at this time. I KNOW he cant help himself and its just skittles being a scarlet macaw. <looking for the 'jabbing ice pick in ear' emoticon>  slaph  He's LOUD. LIKE REALLY REALLY LOUD.  oh  And unlike Caleb, it goes on and on and ON AND ON...   until i'm ready to loose my freaking mind!  clapyell   well because it wasnt loud enough here tonite, a person walked by with a dog on a leash a few mins ago... skittles alarmed.  :cstars:  i think my eardrums melted.  huh4 

so i'm sitting here EAGERLY waiting for birdie bedtime. Got the closed captioning on the TV. And i'm slowly loosing my mind.  stupid1

so tell me.... how are your little angels dealing with those fall hormone surges??  confused
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:23:06 pm »

Oh MY!!! They are trying your patience aren't they!  :deer:

Mine aren't old enough to have mating hormones yet, but the macaw boys have been more loud & noisy these past few days. I figured it had more to do with the weather changing & getting cooler. The other day when it was raining (a rare occasion around here) they were really going to town with their serenades. dmblaf And Miss Leyla Belle tries to get as loud as them. She has a higher pitched scream, but she can hold her won when she gets started. slaph

I had all three out on the play perches this afternoon & since Leyla Belle was on Angel's perch, I put him on Roscoe's. They were trying to feed each other & Roscoe was being a royal butt afterwards. sad8 Once they went to their cage sides they did the 'rainforest serenade' for over an hour. I did have to turn the t.v. up to hear it. laffhrd Miss Leyla Belle is back to her letting me hold her again. For a couple of months now she has been in a 'No Touch' mode.  sadboy3 Now, she is a sweety again. littleangel Whatever she wants, she gets! :twirl: smile3

Peta was out too & she has her full flight feathers & she kept flying wherever I would be. I have to keep her off of Roscoe's cage. She has this fetish to go fly to it, especially when he is in there. oh

We have severe thunderstorms & hail around the area. Several storms they claim. Could be part of the reason for all the serenading the mac boys have been doing today. confused
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »

maybe you should try giving them a little piece now and then Toz. Get them a girlfriend. An avian prostitute...Hell, and inflatable bird could probably make them happy at this point
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:51:26 pm »

maybe you should try giving them a little piece now and then Toz. Get them a girlfriend. An avian prostitute...Hell, and inflatable bird could probably make them happy at this point

alright, i'll be down on my next day off for marley to 'visit'  goodjb  with lucy...you wouldnt mind a couple lil lucy's running round the house...right?

and as long as you're at it...ollie has been asking bout lola... they ARE both 'zons ya know.  :makeout:
Report Spam   Logged

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »

as long as you get custody of th :roll:e grandfids
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:00:27 am »

laugh

i accept no babies round here til they are off the 'bottle' and 'potty trained'   notcare  I do NOT do round the clock feeding  sleepy

smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:35 am »

Goose honk, perfect description! When Powder gets into that mode I quickly ask him if he's "singing" other wise he'll go for anywhere from 15 minutes to a half hour! OMG!!It's awful! I taught him to sing by going lalalala, and it's so funny when he starts singing because he changes that honk up to different pitches and it softens greatly. He wants to see if I can follow along and starts laughing when I mess up, of course by then both Higgy amd Max are also singing and/or whistling (and they can sing or whistle some complex notes). Imagine a Too honking different notes, a Conure going lalalain his squeaky little voice, and a Grey whistling complex notes all wanting Momma to follow along, thank goodness they all can sing in harmony.  hardlaf
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:20:05 am »

dmblaf  yeah sondra, mine have all decided momma cant sing  hmm  as a matter of fact, if i try to sing to him, ollie will rub his ears and make this mournful noise.  lol  for about a year or so, skittles tried to teach me 'macaw-ese' but he finally decided i'm not smart enough to learn his language.  slaph

the BAD nites are when caleb and skittles get into screaming contests.  :cstars:  caleb has the volume but he cant touch that macaw 'breaking glass' pitch. Between 'em, ya cant hear anything, tho.  :deer:
Report Spam   Logged

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

OMG you all had me cracking up here!

Toz I can send ya my earphones for when we go shooing, may dull it a smidge.   dmblaf

As for my angels- Zuri is starting to molt but she is usually just behind the surge of the other two.  She is busy shreading paper but that is about it for now.
HW has been spending more time in his cage lately, some days the door is open all day but he prefers to stay in, so I don't make him come out, he will when he wants to.  He is one giant pin feather for sure.  He will always jump to come out if I offer a bath or shower. LOL

Yoshi is a cuddle machine, in his hut or in my neck does not really matter to him as long as he is against something. 
Report Spam   Logged

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 12:36:41 pm »

huh? what did you say?  LOL I visited a neighbor with a too last night, and she was SCREAMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG then she would giggle... then she would do both at once.  julian is a pinhead right now, but that is ok, he was going nuts the other day, and just when I thought I would lose my mind, he stopped.  roll
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: