Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:27:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Peanut Butter Recall

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peanut Butter Recall  (Read 121 times)
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »

Trader Joe's peanut butter recalled for salmonella risk

By JoNel Aleccia, NBC News

Federal health officials are warning consumers not to eat Trader Joe's Valencia Creamy Salted Peanut Butter after the product was linked to salmonella infections that have sickened 29 people in 18 states.

It is especially important that children under age 5, elderly adults and people with weak immune systems avoid the product, which has been possibly linked to an outbreak of salmonella Bredeney, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

Trader Joe's has pulled the product from store shelves nationwide and posted an advisory on the company's web page. The peanut butter, which has a stock keeping unit or SKU of 97111, should be returned to any Trader Joe's store for a full refund.

FDA officials said they are working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local and state health officials across the country to investigate what the agency called "a fast-moving outbreak" in a statement issued Saturday.

"FDA's top priority is protecting consumers and ensuring the safety of our food supply," the agency said.

People infected with salmonella typically develop diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps within 12 to 72 hours after eating contaminated food. The illness typically lasts between four to seven days and most people recover without treatment. However, some people, particularly the very young, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, may become very ill and require hospitalization. Children are the most likely to get salmonella infections.

Anyone who shows signs of infection after eating Trader Joe's Valencia Creamy Salted Peanut Butter should contact a health provider.

Peanut butter has been the cause of widespread outbreaks of foodborne illness in recent years. In 2008, 714 people in 46 states were sickened by salmonella Typhimurium found in peanut butter crackers and other products. In 2007, 425 people in 44 states were sickened by salmonella Typhimurium found in Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/22/14035615-trader-joes-peanut-butter-recalled-for-salmonella-risk?lite
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:55 pm »

I knew there was a reason why I don't like pb.
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:44:20 am »

peanut butter BAD lol....until the kids go to college  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:06:09 pm »

come to my house wishy, we always have peanut butter and i want it GONE!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: