Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:26:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

just a few little tidbits...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just a few little tidbits...  (Read 129 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: September 22, 2012, 12:13:01 pm »

I've not had any real stories lately, peace is great for me but kinda boring in a story.  dmblaf

skittles has finally figured out that all dogs are NOT 'Rock'. He was calling the dogs and hollered out "c'mere rock! hey! darla! rock! move it! c'mere!"  loveuk 

Caleb has learned a new manipulation   slaph  he just wont step off me. flat out refuses and if i try the 'wrist twist' to make him step down, he simply grabs my shirt collar and goes for higher ground!  hmm  <sigh> can you say 'spoiled rotten'?? He's snipped off all but two of his flights, but he seems to be letting the lower 'branch' of his wound heal up. the left branch of the 'Y' has healed up almost completely now. So we are making progress...slow progress. That is, if you consider 'progress' back to the original wound site and size.  hmm  I'm in the progress of parrot-proofing his room so i can leave him out like i do skittles. I think it'll do him wonders to NOT be locked in a cage all day. after all, 3 of his 4 walls are cinderblock...even caleb cant tunnel thru cinderblock...in one day anyway.  slaph

Ollie is doing great. i was changing water yesterday and looked up to find a 'zon in my face...upside down!  lol  of course, there were bars between us but it was cute. i reached out and scritched his belly thru the bars. He seemed to like it, he stayed like that for a few mins allowing me to scritch his cute widdle belly thru the bars inverted! He's quite the happy guy these days.  loveuk

Marley has been so obsessed with hanging out in the kitchen window watching the wild birds he only plays with kookoo for a bit each day. but he gets great pleasure from hanging out in there, watching the world roll by. He's getting good at flying but he only flies to approved areas. he will fly back to his cage, get snacks and then tell me 'window' in his cheepy voice til i take him back to his window. I'm thinking of fashioning a homemade 'day enclosure' in that area for him to hang out in during the day when i'm at work. It would be lots more room for him and actually give him room to fly and get more exercise. to say the least of the fact that he enjoys looking outside so much.

Twiggy is the same lil girl. She plays with her ropes, whittles wood, and sits in her cage (with the door wide open) chanting "Twiggy want out!" over and over everyday!  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: