Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 01:30:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

what were you UP TO while i was at work???

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what were you UP TO while i was at work???  (Read 249 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: August 09, 2012, 06:37:49 pm »

Today was one of the few dayshifts i have for a while. So i got up at 7. sat with the fiddies. played in the chat room. finally got moving, got ready for work. Now one time i forgot to give Twiggy her fresh water, i left it on top of her cage as i was walking out to work. She had plenty of fresh foods to keep her hydrated but i still felt HORRIBLE. So now as i get ready to work i make it a point to check each cage: food? check! water? check! toys? check! parrot IN the cage? check! i did this for each of the five cages, tho skittles doesnt stay IN his cage, he's ON his cage.
8 hours of work later...
I come in, i ran to the grocery store on the way home so i have a few groceries in my hands. I open the door to let the dogs out, it looked like rain this morn when i left. I follow the dogs to lock the gate behind 'em, leaving the door wide open. This is a routine. I do it everyday. I go back in to clean up Darla Swamp and hear screeeeee! screeeee!...  confused  Look at the kitchen window, Marley is in it.  oh  WTH??? I look over at his cage, the door is slightly open and his playgym has been chewed loose from the ceiling... well, half of  it has been. So its hanging askew. Every toy marley owns has been tossed from the top of his cage to the floor and to my seat. It appears that he's also played with the computer, cause it has some weird menus open. The granola bar that was on my table when i left is gone... and who knows how much of the coffee is missing from the cup.  :deer:  Marley seems fine. Now i KNOW he can get to and from the kitchen window on his own if he so desires. There are gates and playgyms periodically from here to there. I took him back to his cage, i'm sure he wasnt 'trapped' in the window cause he didnt RUN to the food and/or water. So he's obviously not in any distress. I checked him over for any marks or obvious injuries. He's fine.  dknow  He's quite the happy guy, i would guess so! he spent all day alone doing whatever the heck he wanted!!
Thank goodness Darla and Rocko are well trained cause i'm sure that at some point he was within their reach. Thank goodness he didnt decide to go play in the kitchen, there are knives, glasses half full of water, etc that could have REALLY hurt him.
The mystery: how did he get out? who chewed the sisal holding the playgym up? I found no evidence to indicate it was skittles. Skittles was in his own area, just as i left him. None of the other birds had escaped. I asked Darla, she's not telling. goofi I asked each of the fids, they arent talking either. goofi  So i guess this mystery will remain a mystery.  dknow

NOTE TO SELF: start using BOTH locks on Marley's door.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »

OMG!  the stuff that must have run through your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bugeye  holy crap!
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:03:56 pm »

Its always something with these featherheads.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »

slaph  You are lucky!  laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:28:13 pm »

jail
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 06:26:58 am »

slaph  You are lucky!  laffhrd

no doubt! On soo many levels! first lucky he didnt get himself into serious trouble: get on big bird cages, get in the floor and get stepped on either by darla's clumsey self or me coming in the door, didnt get out the door when it was wide open, didnt get into the back of the house where all the 'non birdie approved substances are'... the list goes on

also lucky: it wasnt caleb who escaped.  :deer:  <pictures hole drilled thru cinderblock walls>
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:56:53 pm »

Gee, I didn't think of any of that   bugeye  I was thinking about him letting everybirdy else out!
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 01:07:00 pm »

oh my!  LOL glad he is safe.  I think you should give darla some truth serum and make her talk.
Report Spam   Logged

lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:45:19 pm »

That would be scary indeed!!  You are lucky!  I leave and I to roam her cage at will since she has never climbed down, but dogs are kenneled and bird room is closed before all that. I think I'd have had a heart attack!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: