Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:04:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

something different for dinner

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: something different for dinner  (Read 179 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:11:43 pm »

I've been hungry for 'different' food lately. now that doesnt sound too earthshattering til you realize i am a 'rut' kinda person. i prefer to stick to my rut. do the same things everyday, go to the same places, eat the same foods. So anyway, today i decided i was hungry for some spinach salad. As typical of my recipes, its a simple recipe. ya start with homemade bacon bits. the stuff in the jar wont do, ya need the bacon grease for the recipe. so then ya get your fresh baby spinach, some shredded parmesean cheese ( you can use the stuff in a bowl in the dairy section or shred your own), and some red wine vinegarette dressing. after plucking the stems off your spinach, ya mix the spinach, bout 2 tbsp of bacon grease, the bacon bits, the parmasean cheese and the dressing. i dont measure any of this. its all to taste. ya like parmesean cheese? use alot. dont like red wine vinegarette dressing? use balsalmic. or ceasar. so anyway, as i'm cooking the bacon i have ollie in the livingroom hollering at me "ollie cook??? ollie cook??" yes ollie, i'll make some for you too. so i make some chicken flavored rice, i really dont require any meat with my meals but i do like to have some starch so that's dinner. i went extra light on the spinach and mixed some kale in with the fiddie plates and will have some pretty happy fids. i read somewhere to go light on the spinach for fids, but dont remember why.  think    anyway, its a nice light summer dinner.  dinner 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:54:17 pm by steptoe91(tozie) » Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:39 pm »

Oxalic acid inhibits calcium absorption
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:36 pm »

Oxalic acid inhibits calcium absorption

thumb   yup! that was why!!

btw, ollie is on his second plate of kale and still going strong. that is one HAPPY parrot. marley, in true marley fashion, picked all the bacon outta his plate, threw the kale on my sofa, threw the rice to darla, and is eating a nutriberry.  slaph  skittles on the other hand ate all his rice and threw the kale to darla. caleb tried a bite of each, spent 5 mins trying to spit his own tongue out, and is eating pellets. twiggy spent the same 5 mins chastising her dinner plate for being too close to her nest.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:34:54 am »

Your recipe for your spinach salad is very similar to what Jerry's Mom did with collard greens.  :twirl: Jerry loves it, I'm not real big on the greens so he gets it occasionally.  roll

You have to watch giving tortoises too many veggies with the oxalic acids also and there are many more that have it besides spinach. Sometimes when you read the list, ya' wonder what is left you CAN feed your kids.  think The trick is to limit the amount, plus variety like you mentioned tozie. thumb
Report Spam   Logged
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:13:02 am »

My friends lizard used to go crazy for kale!! But that's a lizard not a bird lol. It was a bearded dragon. They gave him away for a reason that I can't remember? I think they moved and didn't want to take it to the new house but I'm not sure. Sorry that was very off topic, but just thought I would share that.

Carry on people!
Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »

The spinach salad I have ever had or made was spinach, mushrooms (Raw), swiss cheese, hard boiled eggs and I think Russian dressing   think
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 12:56:43 pm »

BACON!! Now maybe that will get Mark to eat his spinach! 

Caleb trying to spit out his own tongue  laugh
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: