Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 16, 2024, 10:40:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Warm & Inviting!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warm & Inviting!  (Read 371 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:58 am »

ya know, even with cooking and my 'weird' measuring, i still measure. ie: i use the 'bowl' of my cupped palm to measure the seasonings for my sauce. so even tho i dont always use traditional methods to measure, i still measure.  dknow
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 02:40:35 pm »

whelp... thanks ya'll.    drool all this talk of goodies... so as i type i have a devil's food cake in the oven with some chocolate fudge icing waiting. of course, i HAD to lick the bowl  smile3  ... i think that's a law here. you cant just rinse the bowl out without licking it.  lickit  nooo, its NOT from scratch. why kill myself when pilsbury puts the 'pudding in the mix' and does so well?? i do change a few things, i beat it at a higher speed than recommended to put more air into the batter. makes it fluffy and light. and i cook it less, so its nice and moist.  drool  so i had spaghetti for 'lunch' and for dinner?? chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and milk.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:40 am »

Sounds like you were headed for a chocolate overload tozie... laffhrd Good thing you made spaghetti to balance out all that chocolate. stupid1 stupid1

Yep, gotta' lick the bowl here too. :party: :party: When my son still lived here, he licked the bowl & I licked the beaters & spoons. Jerry never cared to lick the bowls. sadboy3 Don't think he lived right as a child... dknow

My favorite box cake is Duncan Hines milk chocolate & I add chocolate syrup to the batter to keep it moist. This is my base for my German chocolate cakes. droolon2

I use chocolate syrup in my brownies too whether box or scratch to keep them moist & chewy. thumb

Nothing I can't stand worse than dry cakes & brownies... pullhair

Me too on measuring tozie, I use my hand, measuring cups, whatever. Be it tossed in, dumped in, spooned in, however it gets in there & I never measure to any exacts & it comes out perfect cause I already know from making these things for so many years if they have enough, too much or need more of some ingredient.   happyjack

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: