Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 05:52:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oakly Doakly Folks

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oakly Doakly Folks  (Read 968 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:14:22 pm »

What I am about to say may not make much sense as I have been through a lot this week.  My best friend (not x bro in law) and biggest confidant of the last 16 years very weasel like went behind my back and screwed me big time.  Never saw that coming and would have never thought it but life is always teaching new lessons.  He now knows we will never be friends again and what he did knows that seeing me again would probably end up with him being physically harmed.  This goes along with me finding out I will not be getting that job I thought for sure I would for the last two months, and another personal issue.  All this within two days, so my tolerance for BS is at an all time high.  So, let me get to what I want to get out.  I am not going to name any name but a member has requested that their account be deleted and will not give an explanation.  This in my opinion is slightly rude considering I have busted my ass to keep things good here for going on 4 years and do pay for the place.  It is like someone saying they are not coming back to your restaurant but not telling you why.  I am not going to point fingers here nor am I going to try to figure out all that goes on behind the scenes but I will give my feelings.  First I will say that this is not a high school, nor is it "Days Of Our Lives".  Most of us here are adults, but I assume there are clicks and squabbling fests that resemble a bunch of school girls at the lunch table.  This, I cannot stand and has happened a few times in the past and it is pointless.  I am not pointing nor scolding anyone in particular as I do not know nor do I care about such stupidity but if you want to come here and participate in this gibberish, don't.  Go to FB or just do not come here.  I don't care.  If you want to share, learn, and let your hair down and have laughs, then great!  Also an FYI.  I do not delete any members.  It is not policy and it looks bad.  This place has been going through enough hard times recently ta boot.  If you don't want to come here anymore it's very simple.. Don't login.  I don't know if this made any sense or if I am just over tired from a serious lack of sleep, but it is said  dknow 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:51:16 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »

That's just terrible. I do not understand why someone would do something like that. And it is very true about the not logging in thing. If you don't wanna come here, then don't! No need for a deleted account. I am veryy sorrry that this happened to you, I truly am. I may be young and somewhat senseless, but people don't deserve this kind of *bleep*.
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »

I'm sorry D. Sorry you are having such sucky personal issues and sorry someone is asking to be deleted as a member here. I thought everyone got along and liked each other, guess I'm wrong.

The written word is just that and any emotion inflicted is the readers, not the writers (unless they write something bad). Maybe the reader just was having a bad day, don't know and it's none of my business. Again I'm sorry. Hope things turn around for you soon. Can you tell I'm concerned about you and how you are dealing with life's blows?  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »

Thank you Sondra, means a lot  hugu  These are blows, real life ones.  Not some internet squabbles, jealousy, stupid crap, etc.  I also know some here are going through "real" blows also and my heart is with them and I do know I could have things much worse my self.  That is why this stuff irks me.  Like you don't have enough real drama in your life so you gotta create childish ones on the net?  I come HERE to escape the real life BS not to either hear petty ones or to create them.  I may come here and vent and probably say too much but that is just me.  I do not do it for attention, or a pity party as some may think, but because I truly trust all members here and consider them friends so I can vent etc.     
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »

everyone has to let off steam, D. Especially when you have so much raining down on ya at once. We're here for ya  grouphug   i'm sorry i cant do anything but listen and sympathize.  sadbigeye  Dont let the pettiness of some add to your stress. like you said, you have enough real life problems, so try not to sweat the small stuff, either they'll work themselves out or they'll move on and find someone else's buttons to push.  peace music truly does soothe the soul, put on something that heals ya (for me, Tom Petty's Greatest Hits CD does the trick  dknow  )  metal  and try to relax.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

I will take your advice.  I am going to listen to popcorn and bob for beers  smile3  My Cousin is coming over too and we will have a fire  thumb

Report Spam   Logged
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 06:36:43 pm »

Alright fine! I wont ask to be deleted again! sheesh!  :somad:  ... no SILLIES it wasnt me.  dmblaf regardless.. I do want to correct one thing. we all, including the one person that wants to leave have known one another for a reasonably long time. (especially on-line time) I'm of the opinion that becasue of that alone, it's always worth patching it up. Not knowing what the hell happened around here and dont want to know, matters of the heart regardless of where they've occurred, virtual or real world are still matters of the heart.  ...ok I'm done... goofi
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:19:41 pm »

Alright fine! I wont ask to be deleted again! sheesh!  :somad:  ... no SILLIES it wasnt me.  dmblaf regardless.. I do want to correct one thing. we all, including the one person that wants to leave have known one another for a reasonably long time. (especially on-line time) I'm of the opinion that becasue of that alone, it's always worth patching it up. Not knowing what the hell happened around here and dont want to know, matters of the heart regardless of where they've occurred, virtual or real world are still matters of the heart.  ...ok I'm done... goofi

loveuk  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
BilboMisty
Hahn's Member

Like my post 17

Of all the animals, Parrots chose me! <3

Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:12:39 pm »

Wow...To me that is utter disrespect not only to D, but to all of us here. We are a FAMILY! At least that's the way I see it. And just like a family, we all have our own problems, that we do need to vent about....we bicker about certain things etc, but we get OVER it eventually. But to just "disown" us by wanting their account deleted really upsets me.

D, I am very sorry you are going through a lot of *bleep*. I am here if u wanna talk Big Daddy! WE ALL LOVE YA HERE!!!  hugu hugu grouphug
Report Spam   Logged

Noah Adam Francisco, Born January 8th, 2013

Momma to:
1 Cockatiel--Peanut
1 Pacific Parrotlet-- Clover
I MISS YOU COOPER!
FLY HIGH MISTY!! 03-12-2008 to 10-19-2010 I MISS YOU BABY GIRL!
1 Dutch Blue Pied Female Lovebird--Flicka: Fly High sweetheart, We will miss you!
1 Calico Kitty--Kaya
1 Dark Eyed White Ferret, female; Jinx
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 11:23:07 pm »

It most is worth patching up.  It hurts that a member wants to leave and that maybe there has been some conflict with others.  At the same time I know nothing and this does not involve me.  I do not know why any of this is going on but if this member has their mind set on leaving than I guess that is what it will be.  Debz?  Many times I have had you on the "delete" button but your charm has always swayed me roll  No honestly, I do love ya Debz.  hugu  Tim aint here no more so who else would butt heads with me?  dknow
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 02:23:43 am »

Phewwwww, it t'weren't me either!!   stupid1

I done said more than once that D will have ta' pry my tightly gripping claws loose from the chattin' tree limb (that would be the old Mesquite for me) if he wants to get rid of me!! :bruce:

I'm one of the newest members here & I hope none of my jokes or postings have offended anyone. huh4

But if so, I do hope the person would be adult enough to send me a personal message and keep it off the public pages. hmm

I love this place & I love everyone I have met since I joined. I hope we can keep coming here til we're all almost too old to move our fingers across the keyboard. (Ummm, that ain't too far off for me... sadboy3)

D, things always have a way of working itself out & getting better. hugu

I wuvvs ya' big guy, you made this wonderful place for all of us to perch awhile & squawk about absolutely nothing whenever we want!! loveuk thumb
Report Spam   Logged
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 08:35:52 am »

D, someone has to keep you on the path to enlightenment.     :oopse5:  there goes some more of my charm.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 08:42:21 am »

Nah debz, ya still got it xD bananarama
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 09:42:35 am »

People come into our lives for a reason. Sometimes they leave for a better reason. Accept what they offer and wait for the next person to come in.  We love you D hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 10:55:27 am »

People come into our lives for a reason. Sometimes they leave for a better reason. Accept what they offer and wait for the next person to come in.  We love you D hugu

Nice philosophy George.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: