Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:00:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

too many parrots on the floor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: too many parrots on the floor  (Read 175 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: July 16, 2012, 10:48:16 am »

first off, everyone's safe and happy.

its a typical morning off for me. i get up. have my cockatoo knee warmer til i get motivated. make coffee. make birdie breakfasts. feed said birdies. still normal. cage doors open. marley to the kitchen window. ollie straight to the floor.  slaph  never did teach him to stay on his cage, instead he taught me to chase him when he gets out-of-zone.  dknow  skittles enjoying a nice cuddle with his fav bell. caleb back on my knee preening. ollie's in the kitchen floor playing with darla's doggie toy box. no worries.  i look over and marley comes walking by Ollie!  bugeye  he's acting just like he owns the floor. i scream MARLEY! and leap up...caleb leaps to the floor, marley tries to take flight but his clip prevents him from getting lift. so at least he ends up bout 4 feet away from ollie by the time i get in the kitchen. caleb climbs ollie's cage but that's safe too cause ollie is still in the kitchen floor trying to figure out what everyone's freaking out about.  whew. get marley back to his cage where he proceeds to take a bath in his waterdish. ollie goes back to his playing and caleb goes to his cage to rip up a pool noodle. the only one who ignored the whole thing was twiggy who is still in her nest nibbling on ropes.
ya know, i've always discouraged birdies from being on the floor here. its just asking for a squished birdie or a ripped out Achilles tendon. depending on which birdie we're talking bout. but ollie insists that the floor is the best place in the house to play. i think its a 'zon thing. arent they ground forragers? well marley thinks if OLLIE can do it I can too! never mind the fact that he's about 1/4 (or less) the weight of Ollie and bout half his height. its alot easier to miss him when walking around the room or mistake him for a bright colored dog toy.  then we have Caleb well, cockatoos are well known for taking possession of the floor. and i'd say caleb is no exception. like the others, i discourage him from getting on the floor. but it DOES happen from time to time.  headhammer
now if you'll excuse me, things are finally calm and safe enough, i think i'll go have that heart attack i postponed earlier. stupid1
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:05:12 am »

If it had been me in your place, I would have had that heart attack a loooonnnggg time agooooo!  slaph
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:04:02 pm »

Glad everybirdy is OK.  How's the heart, still full of love?  wink1

Toos feed off the ground as well as in trees, Greys are ground feeders also. All birds get on the ground to do some feeding, usually protein in the form of insects, lizards, frogs, etc. I'm lucky none of ours are floor birds. We encourage Powder to play on the floor with squirt bottles and I encourage walking back to me when I let him fly - am still working on recall with him, but he's stubborn and insists on landing on the floor.  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged
EriNes11
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 19

Windows User Level 4 Combination
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:22:26 pm »

I only have two and they still can be to many birds on the floor they both were one day and while looking to see where mystic was i tapped cheerio   :oopse5: with my foot.  He was fine went on scavaging for food of course i picked him up and gave him kisses though.  He better watch out for my ninja moves.   :bruce:
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: