Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 04:40:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Beurocracy at its finest

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beurocracy at its finest  (Read 486 times)
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:52:32 pm »

Some of you may remember that my original reason for posting was to start on the logistics of a planned move up to Buffalo in a few years time. Well.... I got in contact with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, the US Fish & wildlife Commission, The USDA, and the NY Fish and Wildlife Commission. That in itself should merit a medal.

From the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission: I need an export permit signed off by every state's FWC that the birds in question will be passing through or over. Requires import permit from NY before they will sign off on export permit

From the USFWS: I will need the above permit, a health certificate, a transit permit from USDA, and an import permit from NY. Also, my "facility" (in NY) will have to be inspected prior to the authorization of a permit and a letter from my NY vet (how the hell will I get that if I don't have birds there?). Also will need health certificate from each state that they are passing through.

USDA : my facility plan will have to be submited with an emergency action plan for approval before they will inspect for NY permit

NY: requires all of the above plus certification from the US CITES authority that my transport of the birds does not constitute a threat to the wild population in their native range.

All this as I am banging my head shouting that these are captive bred parrots who are at least 10 generations removed from the wild AND they are a part of their CBPs. I shouldn't have mentioned that one, because that means I have to file for new CBP permits all over again and go through that process before any of the above can happen, but I can't do that, because my address won't change until I am up there and if I do it would be perjury (catch 22).

And to think, I used to wonder why people would risk breaking the law to keep their birds. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 02:18:33 pm »

holy CRAP!  What a rigamaroll!!   :cstars:
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:33:21 pm »

I told ya about NY state.  Communist and nothing but red tape, laws, rules, regulations and even rules for the laws, and laws for the rules huh4  Hang in there and I wish you luck!  slaph
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 03:00:38 pm »

I hate to do it, but I think I'll have to hand this off to our attorney to handle
Report Spam   Logged

caddisfly
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 6

Windows User Level 4 Combination
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »

I told ya about NY state.  Communist and nothing but red tape, laws, rules, regulations and even rules for the laws, and laws for the rules huh4  Hang in there and I wish you luck!  slaph

What D said.

This state is what the commie progressives are trying to create on a federal level.  We have been ruled by the progressives
for ever. Wny is such a mess from leftist governing that a recession doesnt even get noticed. Heck, the people who run on the
republican ticket are usually democrats that switch parties to run against the incumbent democrats.
Oh and taxes ,taxes ,taxes and did I mention taxes.
My Dad had a business here for 40 years.They treated him like a criminal.  The most business unfriendly state in the country.
When I see and hear 'my representitives' I get sick
Sorry for the rant.

caddisfly
Report Spam   Logged

Victor   male Eclectus
Jala      female Congo Grey
Peno     male Congo Grey

RIP   Bugger,Cobb,Tyler,Toby,Cricket and Buddy    my Tiels.
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:56:24 pm »

All of NY SUCKS! Taxes are outrageous, land taxes are very HIGH, sales taxes are HIGH, state income taxes are HIGH, &fFood prices are going through the roof!
Report Spam   Logged
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:30 pm »

If it makes you all feel better,  Florida is Hot, Humid, and infested with mosquitos the size of pterodactyls hmm
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »

Welp, been an average of 85 and humid here for about 3 weeks and going  dknow  Yeah, NY State does suck.  1st or second worst state except maybe California which I also lived  hmm  NY City gets all the attention, etc and the staters are taxed to hell to pay for a city 300 freaking miles a way.  I have been saying they need to cut NY city from the state for the lives of us non NY city folks!  :bruce:
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:01:14 am »

uh... grey... i'd stick with the pterodactyls...  oh  have you consdered letting your significant other just VISIT buffalo frequently???  dmblaf

wow   :cstars:  ya know...i have learned a philosophy when i worked at mcd's and everyday my faith in humanity fades and my conviction in this philosophy grows stronger: no good deed goes unpunished.  sadbigeye  you try to do the right thing. you are helping to save a species. and they want to make you jump through all these contridicting hoops.  sadboy3  it really just kills me.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 06:15:20 pm »

Got an update from the lawyer:

"Holy Crap!  You don't need this much paperwork to move nuclear waste!" His exact words. He also clarified that teh requirement for health certificates for each transit state means that I will have to stop and get them vetted in each state that I pass through. He is going to do his legalese thing to see if he can get it to be less burdensome headhammer
Report Spam   Logged

lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 07:10:03 pm »

wow... im just walking in on this and "wow" is all i can say.  i am so sorry... :(
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 07:15:31 pm »

Glad your lawyer is wading through the sea of red tapes.
Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 08:46:18 pm »

slaph  bangdhead :hello!:
Report Spam   Logged
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:28 pm »

Ive heard of rescues shipping and rehoming birds without all this. Why did you have to notify all these agencies?
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 09:52:40 pm »

My birds are listed as CITES appendix 1 and the Cubans are listed on the Endangered Species Act of 1972 so there are additional "safeguards' in place for them
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: