Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:30:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Caleb's Recovery, cont.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caleb's Recovery, cont.  (Read 797 times)
Tammy
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 3

Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 03:56:11 pm »

I started reading this thread and, being new to the forum, had to go back and check out your other threads about sweet Caleb. How lucky he is to have found you!!  I have no words of wisdom  cnfsd, but am sending healing thoughts your way
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »

Toezie...I hope you dont mind.. please dont mind... dknow But I was doing a search on E collars and found this as a possibility?  I mean perhaps in the right size it will not be irritating? no sharp edges...nice and rounded.  I'll keep looking for other options. I'll check with CSU Exotics dept. See what they are using lately. maybe? dknow   hmm  http://www.aviancollar.com/   

now deb...you know me better than that by now, of course i dont mind!  hugu  i'll take all the help i can get... but i did know about this collar. It was the second option the vet was going to go with if he was able to get around the first collar. she said the 'ball collar' is much more expensive and more likely to cause rubbing or pressure sores on the neck, which could require more surgery and/or treatment for wounds. but its still not out of the question. so far so good with the shirt. <crossing my fingers and toes...even tied the cat's tail in a bow, he's not speaking to me now  dknow  >

the reason he was able to open the bigger wound is i had the half shirt on him. <snicker, picturing caleb in a half shirt and pair of daisy dukes with his belly button showing   dmblaf  >   nooo not THAT kinda half shirt. i cut out the material over his right breast so he could preen those new feathers. so now he's in a full shirt, he had chewed some of the velcro today while i was at work and got the waistband loose, but it was still protecting his chest. i got home and took the shirt off, it doesnt look quite as bad today as it did yesterday, and let it air out a bit as he sat on my lap, then i frosted it real good with the ssd, and put a shirt on him (with unchewed velcro). he didnt get as mad today, so we're making progress. He still wont accept a food reward for 'letting' me put the shirt on him, but he is finally accepting the verbal praise and some cuddling without threatening to remove my limbs. as i was putting the shirt on, and he was protesting a bit, i look over to see a big green pittbull running at me to help protect the flockmember.  bugeye  needless to say, i got that shirt on in record time and got my poor bare toes outta harm's way.  lol 

Thanks everyone for the moral support! you have no idea how much it means to me. I was feeling pretty darn inadequate yesterday, slept poorly worrying bout it, and thought about him aaaalllll day at work. When i told one lady, the only one there who 'gets' the animal thing, she said "OH NO!! aww poor guy! we need to get him a good birdy shrink!"  dmblaf  everyone else was  think  and asking "how come he doesnt stop when it hurts?" not to say they werent sympathetic, they just dont 'get' it.

anyway, i was afraid we were looking at another 6 weeks of wound care, but maybe not. maybe its not as bad as i thought. and i'm hoping that ssd will help it heal triple quick.   ipray
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

oh I am glad you caught it in time.  sweaten 

maybe this will not get soo bad ! then he will get a cool wardrobe!  :glasses:  www.avianfashions.com
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »

worship Prayers are being answered!!...after not having the time to look up from my work....First time I get on here and read THIS bugeye...Your such a Great Parront...how dare you doubt your self...

Im in love with you too, you make a great pair & needless to say......Im sure he feels 1,000,000,000 times better than ever, plus you have his number!! loveuk

Im thrilled to hear that he is healing and your still alive!!

Miss ya hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: