Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:41:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Momma's day off

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Momma's day off  (Read 194 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:26:31 pm »

I've worked the last six days in a row, so the house needed a bit of touch up... to say the least. The cages are, thankfully, fairly good. They got a good scrubbing on my last day off and i lined pans with layers and layers of plastic, waxed paper, and newspaper. So i'm in the kitchen washing dishes, my dishwasher has a name, its Tozie.  slaph  So i put a bunch in the water to soak for a few mins. sit on the sofa to get a drink and just rest a minute. Within seconds i have a caique on my head, giggling. He's having a blast doing my hair, til he sees a freckle on my forehead that he MUST remove for me  oh OUCH! Next thing i know, Twiggy is in her room chastizing...someone....caleb, who is climbing her cage. He KNOWS that's not HIS room. So Marley goes back to his cage, and i go rescue twiggy from caleb, or is it rescue caleb from twiggy?  confused  anyway, i go to put him back on his cage...have ya ever seen that cartoon where the guy has a crow on his arm and it just wont get off?? no matter how hard ya shake, it just sits there looking at ya!  headhammer  That parrot would NOT get off my arm for ANYTHING. So i gave in, walked in the living room, thinking i'd just sit and rest with caleb on my arm. Sit down, whew! reach for my cup to get a  drink.... look down, skittles has snuck off his cage and is at my feet with his widdle foot up. Looking up at me with those big sweet eyes.  sadbigeye  please momma! can i sit with you?? i've missed YOUUUUUU.  sadbigeye  slaph   thank you, skittles, now i have guilt. so i put caleb back on his cage, with skittles following along behind me. pick skittles up. go to sit down, he nips my nose and yells "uh oh!" that's his way of saying "momma lets play the uh oh game with my bottle!" <sigh> so i toss the bottle a few times for him. meanwhile, the cat has gotten in the spot i was sitting in....next to marley's cage. This is unacceptable to marley. he runs down the side of his cage, defying gravity, squwaking the whole way. The cat just looks at him like "what?"  dknow  Well when marley gets to the sofa, both me and the cat expect him to stop. nope. he runs across the sofa at the cat, beak open, wings out, and all poofed out like  a little feathered porcupine. cat goes  bugeye  and hauls butt to the back door. He wants nothing to do with this nut house! so my 'rest' break is over. i never did get to sit, i grab a quick drink of cherry coke on my way back to the kitchen. stop to let the cat out, let the dogs in, and begin doing dishes again. Next load, in soaking. THIS time i'll get to sit for a few mins.  roll  ya right! so before i go to the sit, i let the dogs out, the cat sneaks back in, i sit. marley throws his toy at me. i toss it back. oops. sorry marley, hit marley with it. its a good thing its a stuffed toy.  smile3  he tosses it behind the cage. he knew i'd have to get up to get it, i think. so i get up get the toy, toss it back. it rolls all the way to the other side of the cage. marley giggles and leaps off the rail to run after it. he grabs it up and begins slamming it against the top of the cage, hops two steps, stops to slam it a couple times, does this all the way back to this side of the cage  think  wth is that all about?? i toss it back up and it barely clears the rail, marley snatches it up, and instead of tossing it back to me, he runs across the cage with toy in beak, gets to the edge, slams it against the rail, cheeps at it, does a forward sommersalt landing on his back with the toy in the air and begins juggling it in his feet.  lol  crazy parrots. look over and here comes caleb again, slowly walking toward me. he says, "hello caleb!" to me. <melt> so i pick him up and sit with him in my lap, marley is still playing with his toy on his own, so caleb gets my attention. cat is curled up on the floor by skittles totem pole, a little furry black puddle looking a cute and cuddly. i hear the dogs barking. so i put caleb back on his cage, and go out to let the dogs in. Rocko comes in slowly and lays on the kitchen floor with a groan. Darla isnt nearly so sedate.  slaph  She's prancing around like a darn idiot and runs into the livingroom, squish! steps RIGHT on the cat, apparently she thought he was just a towel in the floor?  dknow cat jumps up  :somad:  shoots her a dirty look, and runs to the door. i can almost hear him thinking "what does a guy gotta do to get a nap round here??"  pullhair  so i get up, let the cat out, put marley in the kitchen window, caleb is shredding a parrot pinata, skitttles is napping on his swing, twiggy is working on her nest, ollie is scritching himself with a molted flight feather. I finally get to sit for a few mins. darla comes up to me and is acting all sweet and cuddly puppy... HUGE PONY-SIZED PUPPY, but still cuddly puppy. BUT she's wiping dog drool all over me each time she moves her head, drool down my leg, drool up my arm, drool in my hair....  slaph  i say "darla please??"  She turns so she's leaning against my legs all sweet and cuddly and NOT drooling all over me, tips her head up so she can see me (with the upside down head) and smacks me in the chin with her nose, nearly knocked me out when my teeth clacked together!  slaph  THIS IS MY DAY OF REST. Gotta love them fids and furries, tho.  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:03:25 pm »

what? rest? MWAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!! moms rest when they're dead! LOL!  laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:12:54 am »

laffhrd  I was laughing so hard at Marley and his toy.  Can you vid him again for me??? I just love seeing that little nutjob in action!

Darlasaur does not know her own strength yet.  dmblaf  Poor kitty and poor momma. LOL

No rest for the weary.

Report Spam   Logged

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:47:49 am »

Well, at least you can say that they love you? :)
Report Spam   Logged
BrilliantFids
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 23

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:35 am »

Oh my lol!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: