Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:38:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Had a silly idea yesterday.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had a silly idea yesterday.  (Read 233 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: March 17, 2012, 11:49:39 pm »

O.K., so maybe I've gone over the deep end, but I never was considered the most stable bird on the planet (by some who are "slip sliding" toward that quicksand pit themselves!). stupid1

Yesterday while I had Roscoe on the play perch he was wanting to preen me & snuggle up against me so I decided to use that time to start teaching him a song.  think

I figured I'd throw in some of this "positive reinforcement" training I've been learning from my workshop parrot video. I am attempting to teach Roscoe to have his wings clipped without having to towel him. I do have to give Sondra most of the credit for my idea after reading about her friend who taught her macaws to raise their wings for inspections at the airport by telling them to "stick 'em up".  thumb

Sooo, (I am drawing this out, ain't I) here goes. This is the song I came up with & bear with me, the words & tune just literally popped into my head as I was giving Roscoe neck & face scritches.  happyjack

This song is sung to the tune of: "If your happy and you know it, clap your hands." (sorry, had to steal the tune, I'm not that good to come up with my own.)

And here is my rendition: My intro for the song is: Sing for Mommy. 1, 2, 3
If your dirty and you stink, raise your wing.
You'll be happy that you did,
And your stink you will be rid.

When I sing "raise your wing" I lightly touched the underside of Roscoe's wing and he would raise it. Before we were through I was getting him to spread the feathers some. Of course he isn't repeating any of it yet and he was looking at me as if I'd totally lost my freakin' mind, but...if it works in the future, I will get hubby to video it & try to figure out how to post it for ya'll.   :twirl:

I know the words are better suited for showering, but that is what my "throwed off" mind came up with & I couldn't get it out of my head.  :dufus:

Sorry 'bout the double posts. My internet is acting stupid tonight & first wouldn't load it & then was loading & loading for several mins. I told it to stop loading & then I tried posting it again & I guess the other one posted  when I did that. I'm not so computer smart, but the weather reeks havoc over my net sometimes.  slaph
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:00:58 am by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:03:20 am »

Neat idea! Love the words to your song!
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

It was not you Nakia, it was all of us trying to get to BP Nakia.  wink1

That is such a cute song, I like it! And we all have to be a little bonkers, I mean that is the fun right.
Report Spam   Logged

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:18:39 am »

Awh thats cute!! :) and it is cool how you made it work
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »

So the whole country is having net problems? I know mine has been awful this time off & today it isn't any better. But I gotta' go back to work in a little while, so hopefully whatever is causing it will be gone by Thur.  pullhair

Thanks. It is fun to think up new ways to stay connected with our feathered fiddies!  :twirl:
Report Spam   Logged
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

i dont seem to have problems with the site...
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 03:07:44 pm »

dmblaf  i love it! dont worry, you're not alone in your visit to the crazy house   stupid1  , we are aaaallll there with ya at one time or another! some of us even have our own permanent room with personalized sheets on the bed!  smile3  didja see how i taught skittles that the harness is safe? i put it on my head, with my nose poking thorough the head hole... and then i took a picture of it!  slaph

i like your little song there, maybe i can teach it to marley,  confused ( i dont clip the big birds' wings, there's not space in here to get any speed anyway.  dknow  )
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »

that would be a picture that i wanna see!! lol dmblaf btw i watched your video of twiggy wanting to get out of his/her cage. it was so cute!
Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 04:40:56 pm »

Very good!  thumb  No net problems with me.  Lightning fast!  Of course I have fiber optic internet and built my PC for speed  metal
Report Spam   Logged
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 10:53:39 pm »

as for the net messing up it happened to me yesterday to. well with this site anyways i tried for over an hr to get on and it kept loading and loading and loading but nothing happened. i have had it happen where i post same thing a couple times to.
love your song i sing silly stuff to my birds they never sing back of course but i think they still enjoy it anyways
Report Spam   Logged

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:36:33 am »

Do you think it would be cool to play guitar and sing for a fid? I would enjoy it considering im a sing/songwriter xD

next is going to be:
this is the way i trim your claws,
trim your claws, trim your claws
this is the way i trim your claws
will you please stop wiggling!! XD
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: