Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:52:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Good info for prospective adopters/rescuers

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good info for prospective adopters/rescuers  (Read 236 times)
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:00:11 am »

Hi Nakia:

When I was a teenager, I got a second hand bird, a Congo African Grey named Maxine. My neighbor, Miss Doris, gave her to me. It had been her husband's bird, but she was terrified of her. After her husband passed away, Maxine was not let out of her cage for 10 years. It took a long time, and a lot of nips for her to trust me too. I certainly made a lot of mistakes. She was never a cuddly bird, I was only useful for moving her from point A to point B. She passed on at the ripe old age of 51+. She was a wild caught import, so I can only say the number of years that she was in captivity. All in all, her last 20 something years were good with a healthy variety of foods, toys, exercise, and attention (on her terms). After she cam to live with me, I found out she could talk (like a trucker). She never talked around Miss Doris.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: