Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:46:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Spent some quality time with my macaw boys for my Valentines.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spent some quality time with my macaw boys for my Valentines.  (Read 68 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:14:31 pm »

Didn't go anywhere today for Valentines Day, just spent the day enjoying my menagerie and took a few pics of Roscoe & Angel. Roscoe wanted to see what kind of new toy I brought him and kept trying to reach for my camera. He thinks everything I bring into the aviary is supposed to be for him, silly boy.

Here they are wondering what I'm doing with that funny toy in my hand.

This is a closeup of Angel, he is doing very well since coming home to live with me.

Roscoe really wanted to see the camera here. He kinda' had a silly look trying to figure it out.

He decided here I tasted better since he couldn't reach the "new toy".

Roscoe looking regal just before he decided to spread his wings in an awesome picture. Can't believe I managed to capture his wings in full spread. You can see right through them.

It was sorta' hard to take a picture of Roscoe on my arm while holding the camera. Maybe next week when I'm off again I will get brave enough to have my hubby take a pic of me holding Roscoe. I hate pictures of me & I have to talk myself into letting ya'll see me in one.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:31:29 pm »

clap ... the 4th and last pic  thumb
Report Spam   Logged
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

wow those are very nice shots you have there i really do like the wing spread out one
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:55 pm »

Thanks, my digital camera I use has a bit longer delay between the pic I am trying to snap & the actual pic I get than I'd like it to. So, often I try for a really cute shot & it doesn't catch it. Roscoe was flapping his wings in the last pic & the camera caught the spread perfectly this one time. I'm not very camera savvy so I stay away from the manual settings.  hmm
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:22 pm »

i love how his wings almost look transparent because he moved faster than the shutter!!!

I love looking at your birds, I spent a lot of my evening with my birdie baby too.  he is very generous with his kisses!!  kiss2
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:54:43 pm »

That last pic is freaky awesome, he looks like an angel with those transparent wings! 

They are beautiful!  And I want your aviary!
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:12:40 pm »

Thanks everyone, I am still amazed I captured the wings in such an unusual pic too. I have no camera skills whatsoever & I can't comprehend all the manual stuff. Wished I did and could say I could repeat something as creative, but it was shear luck of the snap.

I can't remember if I described my aviary, but it is one of those professional dog kennels in stainless steel. It can expand to a 5'X10', but we had to shorten it to 5'X8' or I'd never be able to get into my bedroom. It sits on the opposite side of my bedroom wall. I looked on line for an aviary, but couldn't afford the prices of the real ones. Sooo, I started thinking up how I could build one I could afford with the least amount of effort that would be safe & durable. I found this one at the Tractor Supply Store for $325.00. It was a BIG difference in price from the commercial ones. Granted they have specialty items and features this doesn't, but it works for me & my boys are very happy not to have to be in a cage.

I'm about to leave soon for work & today Roscoe has been very clingy. Like a velcro birdie. I think he is figuring out when he sees me in the grey uniform that I will be gone for hours & not come back til the sun comes up. He was also teasing the dogs by climbing to the floor of his aviary & running back & forth so they would come see him. He hasn't done that before today. He is going to be one funny character.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: